Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Volta View Post

It does unlike your brain.
    Thank you for your personal insult. Still doesn't fix wayland, which requires xwayland, which just means wayland is a wrapper around Xorg. So actually wayland is a more complicated structure than Xorg. And when will you be able to use wayland without xwayland? That's not even in the roadmap anymore. Out of scope, too complicated.

But hey, keep drinking the kool-aid.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post

Thank you for your personal insult. Still doesn't fix wayland, which requires xwayland, which just means wayland is a wrapper around Xorg. So actually wayland is a more complicated structure than Xorg. And when will you be able to use wayland without xwayland? That's not even in the roadmap anymore. Out of scope, too complicated.

But hey, keep drinking the kool-aid.
      There's no hope for you. xwayland is compatibility layer for legacy applications and application which aren't fully ported to Wayland yet. Wayland itself is more simple, more optimal and far more secure. It just implements xwayland for reasons mentioned earlier. I can use Wayland without xwayland right now. What's more funny running applications in xwayland is also much more secure than Xorg itself!

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

There's no hope for you. xwayland is compatibility layer for legacy applications and application which aren't fully ported to Wayland yet. Wayland itself is more simple, more optimal and far more secure. It just implements xwayland for reasons mentioned earlier. I can use Wayland without xwayland right now. What's more funny running applications in xwayland is also much more secure than Xorg itself!
        Ah, I see. Thank you for your knowledge.

Comment

Working...
        X