X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by xav1r View Post
    This Caster game is now available on Steam too. Interesting.
    I can't comment on whether or not the Caster version on Steam indicates that there will be a Linux version of Steam. All I know is that Mike got a slot on Steam in addition to his current delivery mechanism. I'm sure I'll find out more details on things once we go Gold with it.

On a separate note: So far, there's only really been one really show-stopper type issue that's been reported with the beta testing (and that is getting looked into right now...). The others appear to be the typical simple stuff like blown dependencies, etc... (Anyone ever tells me "it works on my machine" as anything other than a half-joking or joking response I'm going to laugh in their face... ) It's looking good so far and you'll all have a good shot at getting your hands on it here very shortly.

Leave a comment:

• xav1r
    replied
    This Caster game is now available on Steam too. Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate games coming to linux, but this...
    Heh...at least it IS coming to Linux. The same can't be said for other titles that were promised and then never were delivered for varying reasons.

Leave a comment:

• MaestroMaus
    replied
    Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate games coming to linux, but this...

Leave a comment:

• niniendowarrior
    replied
    I also have the Quake Live beta-key and have registered. But... they were nice enough to tell me I was wasting my time. *shrugs*

Leave a comment:

• 044Andy
    replied
    Heyy.
    Thats good..... I also going to contribute to the closed beta testing and it makes me really much impressed.I was really impressed about it.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by timofonic View Post
    There seems to be an ongoing port of it to a Linux-based device, Pandora:

http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?showtopic=46813
    Heh... It's to Linux with Pandora being one of the explicitly supported configurations of the same.

I'm one of the people that has one of their second generation dev boards and I've been doing firmware testing for them. (About to step up and do a bit more than that, but that's a differing discussion...)

Leave a comment:

• timofonic
    replied
    There seems to be an ongoing port of it to a Linux-based device, Pandora:

Leave a comment:

• M1AU
    replied
    I'm also got a beta key for quake-live but I won't play it till the native Linux port is available.

Leave a comment:

• bulletxt
    replied
    Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    Quake Live which is getting to open beta stage in 2-3 days is being ported to Linux, too, as we speak. I've been playing the closed beta on Windows for some time now and this is a game many people are & will be playing.

Yea, I also partecipated to the closed beta testing and I was really impressed about it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X