Steam Play's Proton 5.0-9 Brings Fix For Games Requiring EA Origin Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Play's Proton 5.0-9 Brings Fix For Games Requiring EA Origin Client

Phoronix: Steam Play's Proton 5.0-9 Brings Fix For Games Requiring EA Origin Client

Following last week's big Proton 5.0-8 release, Valve and CodeWeavers have just released Proton 5.0-9 as a quick bug fix release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Which games are those?

Comment

Valve would better fix EA Origin by not allowing that shit at all in their store. I can understand some small game launchers but this is like launching second ugly copy of Steam inside Proton to launch a game. I am really happy that C&C Remaster was not screwed up by this.

Comment

Do people even play games anymore or do they just fiddle about with DRM launchers?

Comment

Burnout paradise still crashes. on 5.0-8 it was at the loading of origin, now it is on the splash screen. So Mission Failed

Luckily Command & Conquer remaster has no origin launcher and plays perfectly under steam/linux.

Ashes of the singularity ist still broken. Last worked on protin 4.2-9
          Last edited by lethalwp; 11 June 2020, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lethalwp View Post
            Ashes of the singularity ist still broken. Last worked on protin 4.2-9
            Ashes works fine for me on Proton 5.x. Well, it's slow, but my PC is a bit under-spec'd for that game.

Comment

Steam should just forbid all these second level launchers as they are all crap and nobody wants to see them when you click on the 'Play' button instead of just launching the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                Steam should just forbid all these second level launchers as they are all crap and nobody wants to see them when you click on the 'Play' button instead of just launching the game.
                Nice lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                  Do people even play games anymore or do they just fiddle about with DRM launchers?
                  Most publishers are releasing their AAA titles in their own clients/stores. Often you cant even have physical copy, game is just something you download. Move along with the times.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                    proton isn't drm

Comment

Working...
                    X