Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steam Play's Proton 5.0-9 Brings Fix For Games Requiring EA Origin Client

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Steam Play's Proton 5.0-9 Brings Fix For Games Requiring EA Origin Client

    Phoronix: Steam Play's Proton 5.0-9 Brings Fix For Games Requiring EA Origin Client

    Following last week's big Proton 5.0-8 release, Valve and CodeWeavers have just released Proton 5.0-9 as a quick bug fix release...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...5.0-9-Released

  • #2
    Which games are those?

    Comment


    • #3
      Valve would better fix EA Origin by not allowing that shit at all in their store. I can understand some small game launchers but this is like launching second ugly copy of Steam inside Proton to launch a game. I am really happy that C&C Remaster was not screwed up by this.

      Comment


      • #4
        Do people even play games anymore or do they just fiddle about with DRM launchers?

        Comment


        • #5
          Burnout paradise still crashes. on 5.0-8 it was at the loading of origin, now it is on the splash screen. So Mission Failed

          Luckily Command & Conquer remaster has no origin launcher and plays perfectly under steam/linux.

          Ashes of the singularity ist still broken. Last worked on protin 4.2-9
          Last edited by lethalwp; 06-11-2020, 02:35 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lethalwp View Post
            Ashes of the singularity ist still broken. Last worked on protin 4.2-9
            Ashes works fine for me on Proton 5.x. Well, it's slow, but my PC is a bit under-spec'd for that game.

            Comment


            • #7
              Steam should just forbid all these second level launchers as they are all crap and nobody wants to see them when you click on the 'Play' button instead of just launching the game.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                Steam should just forbid all these second level launchers as they are all crap and nobody wants to see them when you click on the 'Play' button instead of just launching the game.
                Nice lol.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                  Do people even play games anymore or do they just fiddle about with DRM launchers?
                  Most publishers are releasing their AAA titles in their own clients/stores. Often you cant even have physical copy, game is just something you download. Move along with the times.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                    Do people even play games anymore or do they just fiddle about with DRM launchers?
                    proton isn't drm

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X