Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine Staging 5.10 Adds Another Patch For Denuvo + A Fix For Numerous D3D11 Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Staging 5.10 Adds Another Patch For Denuvo + A Fix For Numerous D3D11 Games

Phoronix: Wine Staging 5.10 Adds Another Patch For Denuvo + A Fix For Numerous D3D11 Games

Wine Staging 5.10 is out today as the latest version of this experimental blend of Wine that is re-based off yesterday's Wine 5.10 codebase...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is wine user friendly in order to insert an optical disk so to run the program or the microsoft windows game?

Comment

Seems the "Esync" patchset was disabled in wine-staging here: https://github.com/wine-staging/wine...2a4893c7fe196f

This leaves the current "Fsync" patches unusable, but i am not sure that is just an "easy fix", or if it needs more work to get up and running.

For all i know, "all syncronization issues and performance increases" are now fully up to par in wine-5.10... but i somehow have a slight disbelief towards that :P I really enjoy browsing the staging git to figure out "what the hell happened now" rather than a clean and readable changelog. But hey... "If you want it better, do it yourself.. be happy someone even bothers" blablabla

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
        Is wine user friendly in order to insert an optical disk so to run the program or the microsoft windows game?
        I don't know about macOS but, on Linux, Wine automatically creates drive letters for any detected removable drives, so it'll Just Workâ„¢ if you're using a real optical drive or CDemu.

Comment

When Wine tricks Denuvo DRM it's basically a cracked .exe?

Comment

Originally posted by xcom View Post
            When Wine tricks Denuvo DRM it's basically a cracked .exe?
            Its more of having full unrestricted access to what's happening instead of crossing things out.

Comment

Originally posted by frank007

I've used a few windows games that start throu (physical) optical disc. So my answer is yes, but I cannot tell you about all the games.
              The media disc is really just a path in Linux so Wine should be able to. The only real problem is how well the application works with Wine.

Comment

Installing Wine on Fedora 32 requires 1.3 G on HD space. I mean - with this size, I can install Windows 10 on a different partition and use the real thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post
                  Installing Wine on Fedora 32 requires 1.3 G on HD space. I mean - with this size, I can install Windows 10 on a different partition and use the real thing.
                  If you truly believe that Windows 10 only takes up 1.3 GB of disk space you're in for a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                    Installing from optical media is like everything else in WINE, hit or miss, it very much depends on the game, the amount of DRM etc. In many cases you can mount the CD ROM/DVD and double click on "setup.exe" and it will work. There are sometimes troubles with swapping media so if it's only on a single disk, your chances are improved.

That said, this forum isn't really the best place to discuss getting started with wine, you'd be better off becoming familiar with https://www.winehq.org/

Comment

Working...
                    X