Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine Staging 5.10 Adds Another Patch For Denuvo + A Fix For Numerous D3D11 Games

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wine Staging 5.10 Adds Another Patch For Denuvo + A Fix For Numerous D3D11 Games

    Phoronix: Wine Staging 5.10 Adds Another Patch For Denuvo + A Fix For Numerous D3D11 Games

    Wine Staging 5.10 is out today as the latest version of this experimental blend of Wine that is re-based off yesterday's Wine 5.10 codebase...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-5.10-Released

  • #2
    Is wine user friendly in order to insert an optical disk so to run the program or the microsoft windows game?

    Comment


    • #3
      Seems the "Esync" patchset was disabled in wine-staging here: https://github.com/wine-staging/wine...2a4893c7fe196f

      This leaves the current "Fsync" patches unusable, but i am not sure that is just an "easy fix", or if it needs more work to get up and running.

      For all i know, "all syncronization issues and performance increases" are now fully up to par in wine-5.10... but i somehow have a slight disbelief towards that :P I really enjoy browsing the staging git to figure out "what the hell happened now" rather than a clean and readable changelog. But hey... "If you want it better, do it yourself.. be happy someone even bothers" blablabla

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
        Is wine user friendly in order to insert an optical disk so to run the program or the microsoft windows game?
        I don't know about macOS but, on Linux, Wine automatically creates drive letters for any detected removable drives, so it'll Just Work™ if you're using a real optical drive or CDemu.

        Comment


        • #5
          When Wine tricks Denuvo DRM it's basically a cracked .exe?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by xcom View Post
            When Wine tricks Denuvo DRM it's basically a cracked .exe?
            Its more of having full unrestricted access to what's happening instead of crossing things out.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
              Is wine user friendly in order to insert an optical disk so to run the program or the microsoft windows game?
              I've used a few windows games that start throu (physical) optical disc. So my answer is yes, but I cannot tell you about all the games.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by frank007 View Post

                I've used a few windows games that start throu (physical) optical disc. So my answer is yes, but I cannot tell you about all the games.
                The media disc is really just a path in Linux so Wine should be able to. The only real problem is how well the application works with Wine.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Installing Wine on Fedora 32 requires 1.3 G on HD space. I mean - with this size, I can install Windows 10 on a different partition and use the real thing.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Candy View Post
                    Installing Wine on Fedora 32 requires 1.3 G on HD space. I mean - with this size, I can install Windows 10 on a different partition and use the real thing.
                    If you truly believe that Windows 10 only takes up 1.3 GB of disk space you're in for a surprise.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X