Proton 5.0-8 Release Candidate Brings Game Fixes, Performance Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pranav View Post
    Is there any game free in Proton to try?
    TrackMania Nations Forever works great and is free (you will probably need to force WineD3D usage for this game in the launch options, but this will hopefully be fixed in the next DXVK release).

Comment

Originally posted by ThanosApostolou View Post
      Doesn't dxvk 1.7 need mesa 20.2 in order to function properly (which most distributions won't get until their next release)? That's what I understood from the release notes and that's why I've kept my wine prefixes at dxvk 1.6.1.
      It has support for 2 new extensions but it can function without them, obviously. 1 of those extensions, VK_EXT_robustness2, is in current Mesa stable, 20.1.0 , don't know why the guys at DXVK posted that you need 20.2 for it . You only need the development version for the other extension.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

It has support for 2 new extensions but it can function without them, obviously. 1 of those extensions, VK_EXT_robustness2, is in current Mesa stable, 20.1.0 , don't know why the guys at DXVK posted that you need 20.2 for it . You only need the development version for the other extension.
        You could post that as a bug to their issue tracker: https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issues

Comment

Originally posted by Laughing1 View Post

You could post that as a bug to their issue tracker: https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issues
          It is not a bug. They just wrote in the log of 1.7 release that for AMD,Intel you need 20.2 . Perhaps that 1 extension is only available for radeonsi which i use, i don't know. In any case, not a bug.

Comment

* Crash fixes for (...) Jurassic World: Evolution

Does it work for anyone at all now? Last time I checked it didn't even start.

Comment

Excited to finally see Detroit: Become Human on PC.

Comment

Working...
              X