Steam Ironing Out Shader Pre-Caching For Helping Game Load Times, Stuttering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

Maybe I have misse something. But wouldnt it be possible to default 1/4 and use some PROTON_NAMEME flag to customize the behaviour. But I guess this might requiere a recompilation which then does not work as a startup env flag.
    Probably, eventually, maybe

I haven't actually looked at how it is written; just what is said in the release notes where they say 1/4 of the threads available. Based on their description, it sounds more like a hardcoded value over something we can set.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Probably, eventually, maybe

I haven't actually looked at how it is written; just what is said in the release notes where they say 1/4 of the threads available. Based on their description, it sounds more like a hardcoded value over something we can set.
      One more reason to compile proton by oneself. I have never done it - maybe this could be the right time. PGO !!!!

Comment

One more reason to compile proton by oneself. I have never done it - maybe this could be the right time. PGO !!!!
        I have, but only via TK-Glitch's scripts.

Comment

I have, but only via TK-Glitch's scripts.
          I wanted to go this route as well l thanks for sharing. Any strange points to be aware of?

Comment

I wanted to go this route as well l thanks for sharing. Any strange points to be aware of?
            It has been a few months since I've used so I'm not 100% sure what has and hasn't changed since it's a rapidly changing project. For example, it was still one unified repo and didn't have Frogging-Family when I used it last.

Best advice I have is to just make sure you have all the extra dependencies installed because you will play a bit of dependency hell until you figure you what you need and don't need based on how you configure everything...like making sure all the right stuff is installed for vkd3d before you compile wine or proton if you're gonna use vkd3d...

Comment

It has been a few months since I've used so I'm not 100% sure what has and hasn't changed since it's a rapidly changing project. For example, it was still one unified repo and didn't have Frogging-Family when I used it last.

Best advice I have is to just make sure you have all the extra dependencies installed because you will play a bit of dependency hell until you figure you what you need and don't need based on how you configure everything...like making sure all the right stuff is installed for vkd3d before you compile wine or proton if you're gonna use vkd3d...
              Ok thank you. I think I first have to digg through the f(r)oggy mist to be able to compile it.

p.s.: Whats up with the frog nameing anyway Joshua Asthon is also making use of it. I know OT but is there any reason why frogs are going viral? Related to Pepe?

Comment

p.s.: Whats up with the frog nameing anyway Joshua Asthon is also making use of it. I know OT but is there any reason why frogs are going viral? Related to Pepe?
                Lol. I've always wondered that myself. I don't think there's any relation to Pepe.

Comment

Working...
                X