Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xaero_Vincent
    replied
    At least Doom Eternal will be removing the Denuvo anti-cheat due to public outcry.

Furthermore, Denuvo devs have expressed interest in making their software Wine / Proton compatible.

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Pro...ment-631750507

Leave a comment:

• oiaohm
    replied
    Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
    why is denuvo called anti-cheat nowadays? i thought it was a copy protection?

i mean, sure it may help against code tampering, but can it prevent memory modification at runtime?

Denuvo Anti-cheat and Denuvo Anti-Tamper are by marketing documentation meant to be 2 different products by the way. The copy protection stuff historically has been Denuvo Anti-Tamper.

The track record of products containing Denuvo Anti-Tamper being cracked very quickly is insane at best you get 3 months. With the documented track record of product failures and end user complaints caused by Denuvol why are companies still buying any Denuvo products?

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    why is denuvo called anti-cheat nowadays? i thought it was a copy protection?

i mean, sure it may help against code tampering, but can it prevent memory modification at runtime?

Leave a comment:

• Wine-Staging 5.9 Picks Up A Patch In The Effort To Deal With Denuvo Anti-Cheat

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 5.9 Picks Up A Patch In The Effort To Deal With Denuvo Anti-Cheat

Just hours after the release of Wine 5.9, the latest staging release is now available that is re-based to the latest upstream while continuing to toss in over eight hundred extra patches...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X