No announcement yet.

X-Plane's Vulkan Renderer Maturing, More Performance Optimizations Still Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Plane's Vulkan Renderer Maturing, More Performance Optimizations Still Coming

Phoronix: X-Plane's Vulkan Renderer Maturing, More Performance Optimizations Still Coming

The folks at Laminar Research published a new blog post this week detailing their latest development work on their Vulkan (and Apple Metal) renderers for the realistic X-Plane flight simulator...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ulkan-Maturing

I would like to start contributing to some cool opensource project such as that one, but stupid college projects make me depressed that I never find any time.

Comment

Originally posted by paupav View Post
      I would like to start contributing to some cool opensource project such as that one, but stupid college projects make me depressed that I never find any time.
      X-plane is not oss tho

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post

X-plane is not oss tho
        Oh right, opensource one is FlightGear.

Comment

And when you're done with college, a job/life gets in the way...

Comment

Damn, just wait until you have a programming job. You'll never want to program in your free time again.

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post

Damn, just wait until you have a programming job. You'll never want to program in your free time again.
              Not true. With all the crap I have to deal with at the job, I can't wait to work on some personal projects. Of course, lack of time ensures many exist only in my head still.

Comment

X-Plane is a great fight simulator, I've been a user for years and it is well worth the cost.

Comment

Working...
                X