No announcement yet.

The Godot Game Engine's Vulkan Support Is Getting In Increasingly Great Shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Godot Game Engine's Vulkan Support Is Getting In Increasingly Great Shape

Phoronix: The Godot Game Engine's Vulkan Support Is Getting In Increasingly Great Shape

The open-source Godot Game Engine lead developer Juan Linietsky has published a new Vulkan progress report, the first in three months, and as such there are a lot of changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thats Vulkan-tastic!

Comment

Juan is truly doing an amazing job! The whole Godot community is in fact pretty great. I'm really glad we're finally having a truly open source alternative to Unreal / Unity.

Comment

Originally posted by kmare View Post
        Juan is truly doing an amazing job! The whole Godot community is in fact pretty great. I'm really glad we're finally having a truly open source alternative to Unreal / Unity.
        Yeah. Their progress over the years has just been, for the lack of a better word, amazing.

Comment

Vulkan isn't the only awesome new feature in 4.0, I compiled master branch just a few days ago. It was very easy to compile it on Linux and Windows.

I'm not interested in C#, happy to see it's bundled separately. I'm still very new to the engine enjoying playing with some of the built in examples.

Comment

Working...
          X