Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DXVK 1.6.1 Brings Many Game Fixes For The Likes Of Crysis, Half-Life: Alyx, Battlefield 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 1.6.1 Brings Many Game Fixes For The Likes Of Crysis, Half-Life: Alyx, Battlefield 2

Phoronix: DXVK 1.6.1 Brings Many Game Fixes For The Likes Of Crysis, Half-Life: Alyx, Battlefield 2

For those with more time on their hands due to social distancing, DXVK 1.6.1 is out to kick off a new week of Linux gaming. The DXVK 1.6.1 while a point release does come with a fair number of improvements to this Direct3D-over-Vulkan translation layer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So Battlefield 2 now plays better on Linux than on Windows. Fun.

Comment

For those with more time on their hands due to social distancing
      I don't think that's going to be very many Phoronix readers considering how accommodating most of our jobs are to to remote work and how little actual physical contact our jobs require even for those who still physically commute to the office.

I say this as someone for whom the main effects of current "situation" is fewer people on public transport, having to have take-out for lunch and a few of my co-workers switching to remote work rather than coming into the office.

Comment

All this and Crysis still bails out after loading a game in DX10.

I just did a quick test and like "L_A_G", I'm working from home and the difference the social distancing has made is my commute involves stepping over the dog, I make sure change out of my work pajamas no later than 8:00 PM and the coffee is a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by StandaSK View Post
          So Battlefield 2 now plays better on Linux than on Windows. Fun.
          Just in time...

Comment

Originally posted by gukin View Post
            All this and Crysis still bails out after loading a game in DX10.

I just did a quick test and like "L_A_G", I'm working from home and the difference the social distancing has made is my commute involves stepping over the dog, I make sure change out of my work pajamas no later than 8:00 PM and the coffee is a lot better.
            Been playing Crysis and Warhead no problems since DXVK 1.5.4. GOG versions of the games, Wine Staging 5.6, RX 480 with oibaf PPA. I do have to run the games directly with the executable since running them with the menu/Desktop shortcuts does not work. With Crysis I have to use the Crysis.exe executable inside the Bin64 folder, since Crysis64.exe crashes (not a problem for Warhead for some reason).

Comment

This is my invocation line:

wine64 Crysis.exe -dx10

And I'm running DXVK 1.6.1, GOG version of Crysis (setup_crysis_2.0.0.7.exe) using a 64 bit WINEPREFIX, mesa 20.0.4, AMD 2400g (with Raven Ridge graphics!) kernel 5.5.15.

It's strange, I wonder where I'm missing the ground-based mass transportation device?

Comment

Originally posted by gukin View Post
                This is my invocation line:

wine64 Crysis.exe -dx10

And I'm running DXVK 1.6.1, GOG version of Crysis (setup_crysis_2.0.0.7.exe) using a 64 bit WINEPREFIX, mesa 20.0.4, AMD 2400g (with Raven Ridge graphics!) kernel 5.5.15.

It's strange, I wonder where I'm missing the ground-based mass transportation device?
                A few things come to mind:

- Which WINE version do You use? I'm asking because there was a potentially breaking change with the particular combination of WINE less than version 5.3 + DXVK 1.6 + DirectX 10

- How do You install DXVK? Easiest and most robust way (since it will also take care of all necessary DLLs from Microsoft) is with an up-to-date "winetricks". And I'm not talking about the latest upstream tagged release, but git master instead:
                Code:
                sudo winetricks --self-update
                - It seems as though You are using a 64-bit WINEPREFIX with a 32-bit executable, which can lead to additional problems; try a 32-bit prefix instead.
                Be aware though that You will need a WINE version that is 'large address-aware' for this; easiest solution here is to simply use the Lutris-provided WINE builds, since they include & enable these patches by default.
                ​​​​​​
                Hope these fix Your problem with CRYSiS; else be sure to buy the CRYSiS remaster once released, since CRYTEK needs all the money they can get! (I know the Yerli's from community-related stuff...)

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

A few things come to mind:

- Which WINE version do You use? I'm asking because there was a potentially breaking change with the particular combination of WINE less than version 5.3 + DXVK 1.6 + DirectX 10

- How do You install DXVK? Easiest and most robust way (since it will also take care of all necessary DLLs from Microsoft) is with an up-to-date "winetricks". And I'm not talking about the latest upstream tagged release, but git master instead:
                  Code:
                  sudo winetricks --self-update
                  - It seems as though You are using a 64-bit WINEPREFIX with a 32-bit executable, which can lead to additional problems; try a 32-bit prefix instead.
                  Be aware though that You will need a WINE version that is 'large address-aware' for this; easiest solution here is to simply use the Lutris-provided WINE builds, since they include & enable these patches by default.
                  ​​​​​​
                  Hope these fix Your problem with CRYSiS; else be sure to buy the CRYSiS remaster once released, since CRYTEK needs all the money they can get! (I know the Yerli's from community-related stuff...)
                  Good questions, I'm running wine 5.6 staging built from source, as for DXVK, I also build that from source. I do this because I'm running Mageia 7.1 and have been running Mageia/Mandriva/Mandrake/ since Mandrake 7 (which was probably around 1998) so I'm an old dog who really likes his current distro.

I'll try the 32 bit prefix idea, that's interesting that CRYSiS (interesting spelling) is getting remastered; I hope for Michael's sake they throw in some intriguing benchmarks.

Comment

Working...
                  X