Unigine Community Edition Offers Free Version Of Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Community Edition Offers Free Version Of Engine

Phoronix: Unigine Community Edition Offers Engine For Free To Non-Commercial/Academic Projects

Unigine Corp has announced a new "Community" edition of their visually stunning, cross-platform game/simulation engine that will be available to non-commercial projects and academic entities...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally. They were too stubborn to release it before, and saw the competition explode in sales of viral games like PUBG and others, made on engines easily available for small teams.

Lets hope its not to be too late and that their IDE too be not too complicated for small developers, so it's market share can grow more. While Unity is okay in performance (if the developers are not morons), Unreal titles are a real dog on Linux and on AMD cards (even on Windows), so a more vendor neutral and high quality option is always a good thing.

Comment

Too late, everyone has long been using UE and CryEngine.

Comment

Oil Rush 2 Academy Edition incoming.

Comment

They would need open better docs, community, online videos.. and good editor. So far they have only fancy benchmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
            They would need open better docs, community, online videos.. and good editor. So far they have only fancy benchmarks.
            Community maybe, because only paid one is there yet I believe?
            But Documentation, videos, demos, several languages scripting and a zillion more thing, they seems to be the best project on that fronts..

Comment

took em long enough, only been asking for this for like past 5+ years or so.

Comment

Impressive

I had considered learning UE4 recently and this might change my mind

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post

Community maybe, because only paid one is there yet I believe?
                  But Documentation, videos, demos, several languages scripting and a zillion more thing, they seems to be the best project on that fronts..
                  I would like to see proofs so post some links.. or you are true is not on your side.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
                    I would like to see proofs so post some links.. or you are true is not on your side.
                    lool,
                    Use your brain, cordenate it with your arms, and navigate to their documentation site, and you will find the proofs you need..
                    I am not your b*tch.

Comment

Working...
                    X