Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unigine Community Edition Offers Free Version Of Engine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unigine Community Edition Offers Free Version Of Engine

    Phoronix: Unigine Community Edition Offers Engine For Free To Non-Commercial/Academic Projects

    Unigine Corp has announced a new "Community" edition of their visually stunning, cross-platform game/simulation engine that will be available to non-commercial projects and academic entities...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...gine-Community

  • #2
    Finally. They were too stubborn to release it before, and saw the competition explode in sales of viral games like PUBG and others, made on engines easily available for small teams.

    Lets hope its not to be too late and that their IDE too be not too complicated for small developers, so it's market share can grow more. While Unity is okay in performance (if the developers are not morons), Unreal titles are a real dog on Linux and on AMD cards (even on Windows), so a more vendor neutral and high quality option is always a good thing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Too late, everyone has long been using UE and CryEngine.

      Comment


      • #4
        Oil Rush 2 Academy Edition incoming.

        Comment


        • #5
          They would need open better docs, community, online videos.. and good editor. So far they have only fancy benchmarks.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ruthan View Post
            They would need open better docs, community, online videos.. and good editor. So far they have only fancy benchmarks.
            Community maybe, because only paid one is there yet I believe?
            But Documentation, videos, demos, several languages scripting and a zillion more thing, they seems to be the best project on that fronts..

            Comment


            • #7
              took em long enough, only been asking for this for like past 5+ years or so.

              Comment


              • #8
                Impressive

                I had considered learning UE4 recently and this might change my mind

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post

                  Community maybe, because only paid one is there yet I believe?
                  But Documentation, videos, demos, several languages scripting and a zillion more thing, they seems to be the best project on that fronts..
                  I would like to see proofs so post some links.. or you are true is not on your side.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ruthan View Post
                    I would like to see proofs so post some links.. or you are true is not on your side.
                    lool,
                    Use your brain, cordenate it with your arms, and navigate to their documentation site, and you will find the proofs you need..
                    I am not your b*tch.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X