Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 1.6 Released With D3D9 Performance Work, Various Game Fixes

Phoronix: DXVK 1.6 Released With D3D9 Performance Work, Various Game Fixes

DXVK 1.6 is out in time for weekend gamers wishing to enjoy recent Windows games on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thank the maker( of C ) , now I can finally really play barbie mystery horse on linux.
    I never thought I would live to see the day in 4K.

Comment

Affinity Designer in Wine???

Comment

This finally let my PC run Crysis . Going to test Kingdom Come and see it it runs better than on previous DXVK versions.
        DXVK has been crashing all of my DX9 games, so for me at least DXVK is strictly DX10/11.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
          This finally let my PC run Crysis . Going to test Kingdom Come and see it it runs better than on previous DXVK versions.
          DXVK has been crashing all of my DX9 games, so for me at least DXVK is strictly DX10/11.
          My guess as to why DX9 games keep crashing on Your system is in the way You install DXVK.

Here's the proper way to do it:

Update winetricks with this command:
          Code:
          sudo winetricks --self-update
          Install DXVK this way into the games' prefix:
          Code:
          WINEPREFIX=~/path/to/prefix winetricks --force dxvk
          This way, winetricks will automagically install all the neccessary DX9 DLLs from Microsoft into the right prefix, which is not only recommended but instead absolutely required, since WINE's implementation of these generate buggy code, as stated by its main developer JoshuaAshton

Comment

Working...
          X