Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ioquake3 Engine Nears New Version

Phoronix: ioquake3 Engine Nears New Version

The team behind the development of the ioquake3 engine, a spin-off of the open-source Quake 3 engine, is preparing for the release of a new update. The second release candidate for ioquake3 1.36 is now available and it features a number of new improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hold it right there; the next Tremulous release actually depends on some files that are due to ship with Duke Nukem Forever, so, it's not as easy as you make it sound.

Comment

I could have sworn that all of those features mentioned in the article were added between 1.33 and 1.35 with the exception of x86_64 support which came right after id freed the code. The only thing that is new to ioq3 for 1.36 is voip and maybe that stereoscopic thing. Oh and a lot of drama over the switch to SDL.

Comment

hm? Seems everything from about 400 revisions has been only bugfixes, every single thing of those things mentioned is in rev 1066 of openarena..

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
          I could have sworn that all of those features mentioned in the article were added between 1.33 and 1.35 with the exception of x86_64 support which came right after id freed the code. The only thing that is new to ioq3 for 1.36 is voip and maybe that stereoscopic thing. Oh and a lot of drama over the switch to SDL.
          Actually voip and the stereoscopic thing were added a long time ago, i think in the 1.34 release. There hasnt been much of anything new really, for over a year now.

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
            Actually voip and the stereoscopic thing were added a long time ago, i think in the 1.34 release. There hasnt been much of anything new really, for over a year now.
            The initial voip patch was submitted to the ioq3 list on May 24, 2008 so it was just before 1.35.

Comment

what is that sdl thing on windows
              portability is good but not cool if you lose behavior

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
                Hold it right there; the next Tremulous release actually depends on some files that are due to ship with Duke Nukem Forever, so, it's not as easy as you make it sound.
                it is pretty dead... 3 years and not even a bugfix release

Comment

Working...
                X