Valve's ACO Helps The Radeon RX 5600 XT Compete With NVIDIA's RTX 2060

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moilami View Post
    I have Red Devil 5700 and I am super happy with it. Performance is great and no issues at all with 5.4 kernel. It just works. I would recommend it to you.
    Thanks, but I don't like to have stutter by just moving the mouse cursor. I consider this a worse issue than Nvidia's terrible Xorg performance when opening new windows.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
      Thanks, but I don't like to have stutter by just moving the mouse cursor. I consider this a worse issue than Nvidia's terrible Xorg performance when opening new windows.
      I do not notice it at all. I can only notice it by watching real time graphs of FPS, that the FPS numbers drop at times. In graphically very demanding games I can notice it if I have vsync enabled. So in practice I do not notice it at all. Had I not read about it I would not be aware of it at all. But yeah, that they must fix anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
        Got a laptop with a GTX 1060, and the display with the same cables works perfectly at 4K@60Hz; no instability at all.
        i got a steam machine with an nvidia that can not cope with 4k@30Hz, let alone at 60Hz. Framebuffer bitrot was a common problem at 60Hz if steam was able to start at all. All kinds of other rendering bugs.
        (Zotac SN970).
        My RX580 (MSI RX580 ARMOR 8G OC) however had no problem at all as eGPU for my thinkpad T430 (yes, using a single PCIe 2 lane!) running the latest tombraider at 4k@60Hz.
        Also my Samsung Chromebook Plus has no problem with the 4k.

Just pointing out that these problems are too specific to blame on a vendor.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
          But yeah, that they must fix anyway.
          Yarp. It's extremely unfortunate when you want to play a game with vsync which has a hardware cursor (i.e. lots of isometric stuff). It basically runs like crap vs. older AMD GPUs or Nvidia. And vsync is also very important for FreeSync when you have a display with <120Hz.
          I don't intend to gimp a leisure time hobby just for riding the FOSS crusade.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
            Yarp. It's extremely unfortunate when you want to play a game with vsync which has a hardware cursor (i.e. lots of isometric stuff). It basically runs like crap vs. older AMD GPUs or Nvidia. And vsync is also very important for FreeSync when you have a display with <120Hz.
            I don't intend to gimp a leisure time hobby just for riding the FOSS crusade.
            I agree it is irritating, when it happen it makes the game unplayable. Have to say that if my old GPU did not broke this would be a show stopper for me too. But it broke, and would buy RX 5700 again. So far I am not really affected of the bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Teggs View Post
              Doesn't nVidia use LLVM as well for shaders?
              nvidia doesn't use gcn for hardware

Comment

Originally posted by Grinness View Post
                Dark Soils
                good one

Comment

Originally posted by rvanlaar View Post
                  Thank you for everybody that gave their experiences regarding AMD driver stability. It seems that the consensus is that the previous generation is rock solid now.
                  last generation had many hardware changes from previous ones(rdna vs gcn), so drivers weren't ready on day 0, but now they seem better. as usual, don't buy hardware on day 0 without checking reviews

Comment

Working...
                  X