Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stiiixy
    replied
    ah well, thats a bit of a bugger for APU's.

Leave a comment:

• blacknova
    replied
    Originally posted by rvanlaar View Post
    How is the current stability for AMD drivers? I'm seeing lots of posts on social media about driver issues and BSODs on windows.
    Well, that probably depend on hardware, but I had zero problem on Windows and Linux with R7 240, R9 280X and RX480. I haven't worked extensivly with any APU though, and as far as I can remember the main source of problem reports are APU users.

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Originally posted by rvanlaar View Post
    How is the current stability for AMD drivers? I'm seeing lots of posts on social media about driver issues and BSODs on windows.
    Stability of Navi on Linux probably has gotten better than on Windows with kernel 5.5. Though that's not a hard thing, unfortunately.
    There are other stupid bugs as hardware cursor performance issues or limited power saving with some resolutions, refresh rates or multi monitor setups. AMD's own Vulkan amdvlk driver also is a visual corruption nightmare on Navi with DXVK etc.

Things were looking well with Polaris, but AMD tears it all down with Navi. I've devided that I won't purchase one for myself (nor will I recommend it to others).

Leave a comment:

• rvanlaar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• willmore
    replied
    Is there a good writeup about what ACO is?

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    ACO is amazing - I use it by default since 2 month on my 5700XT and it is simply astonishing. Thx to the devs!

Leave a comment:

• theriddick
    replied
    nvm...

Leave a comment:

• Valve's ACO Helps The Radeon RX 5600 XT Compete With NVIDIA's RTX 2060

Phoronix: Valve's ACO Helps The Radeon RX 5600 XT Compete With NVIDIA's RTX 2060

As shown yesterday the new video BIOS of the Radeon RX 5600 XT paired with the corrected SMC firmware on Linux yields impressive performance improvements that -- similar to Windows -- allows the card to compete better with NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 2060. For Linux users, activating the Valve-funded ACO compiler back-end for the Radeon "RADV" Vulkan driver helps turn up the competition even more...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X