X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Why don't they start some crowdfunding campaign or something, so that they can raise the money for hiring such a team?

Every single STK thread aaaallllwaayssss has to be earlybirded by uid313 complaining about the graphics over and over again :<
    That would be a good idea Or, alternatively, a Patreon page to have a more steady income.

Leave a comment:

• stiiixy
    replied
    Loves to hate on his favouritist game 8-)

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by log0 View Post
    The graphics engine in SuperTuxKart is certainly more advanced. How beautiful a game looks depends a lot on the assets (models, textures) though. Get a professional artists team to redo SuperTuxKart and it would look fantastic.
    Why don't they start some crowdfunding campaign or something, so that they can raise the money for hiring such a team?

Every single STK thread aaaallllwaayssss has to be earlybirded by uid313 complaining about the graphics over and over again :<
    Last edited by tildearrow; 06 January 2020, 10:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• log0
    replied
    But other games run fast though and look much more beautiful, like Half-Life 2.
    The graphics engine in SuperTuxKart is certainly more advanced. How beautiful a game looks depends a lot on the assets (models, textures) though. Get a professional artists team to redo SuperTuxKart and it would look fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

... which are all way less demanding games. SuperTuxKart's engine is mostly designed for modern GPU's, i.e, in Intel's world, the ones in Skylake/Kaby Lake and up. So just accept the fact that your GPU is too old for SuperTuxKart. You gotta get with the times. Hardware constantly evolves, and SuperTuxKart follows mostly suit.
    Yeah, I don't know why those games are less demanding than SuperTuxKart while looking so much better. I can understand SuperTuxKart being more demanding if it looked better, but it looks worse.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    But my old 4770K GPU runs very smooth and nice in other games such as War§ow, Half-Life 2, Portal 2, and Tesseract.
    ... which are all way less demanding games. SuperTuxKart's engine is mostly designed for modern GPU's, i.e, in Intel's world, the ones in Skylake/Kaby Lake and up. So just accept the fact that your GPU is too old for SuperTuxKart. You gotta get with the times. Hardware constantly evolves, and SuperTuxKart follows mostly suit.
    Last edited by Vistaus; 06 January 2020, 01:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied

... so like I said: your GPU is too old.
    But my old 4770K GPU runs very smooth and nice in other games such as War§ow, Half-Life 2, Portal 2, and Tesseract.
    But on SuperTuxKart it is slow.

That's not true. Haven't you read my previous post? With the exception of Bloom, max settings on SuperTuxKart runs great on my Intel GPU (the one inside the i5 Kaby Lake R).
    My 4770K "Haswell" is older than your Kaby Lake R, and for me it runs slow on high settings even without bloom.
    But other games run fast though and look much more beautiful, like Half-Life 2.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Calinou View Post

This is expected on integrated graphics, especially older ones like the ones found in Haswell CPUs. There's no such thing as an IGP that runs modern engines at maxed settings smoothly
    That's not true. Haven't you read my previous post? With the exception of Bloom, max settings on SuperTuxKart runs great on my Intel GPU (the one inside the i5 Kaby Lake R).

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied

I use it on my Intel Core i7 "Haswell" 47770K with the integrated Intel GPU. The performance is decent with the standard settings, but slow when ramping up the graphics.
    ... so like I said: your GPU is too old.

Leave a comment:

• Calinou
    replied

I use it on my Intel Core i7 "Haswell" 47770K with the integrated Intel GPU. The performance is decent with the standard settings, but slow when ramping up the graphics.
    This is expected on integrated graphics, especially older ones like the ones found in Haswell CPUs. There's no such thing as an IGP that runs modern engines at maxed settings smoothly

Leave a comment:

Working...
X