No announcement yet.

SuperTuxKart 1.1 Released With Better Online Play, UI Enhancements, New Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperTuxKart 1.1 Released With Better Online Play, UI Enhancements, New Arena

Phoronix: SuperTuxKart 1.1 Released With Better Online Play, UI Enhancements, New Arena

For those looking for some family-friendly, open-source gaming fun this weekend, SuperTuxKart 1.1 has been released as the Mario Kart inspired cross-platform racing game...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If I compile my own version that lets me go 10x faster and play online, is that frowned upon?

Comment

Usually in network gaming only the commands are transmitted over the network, so if the two (or more) game instances use a different engine the game will go out of sync (the players see different status) and will soon give an error.

Anyway... cheating on a free child game, wouldn't you feel shame for it?

Comment

I suspect the engine to be poorly optimized. The graphics are not so good in the default setting, and when you increase the details them frame rate drops and gets slow.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          I suspect the engine to be poorly optimized. The graphics are not so good in the default setting, and when you increase the details them frame rate drops and gets slow.
          If I crank up the settings all the way, it only slows down if I enable Bloom. With Bloom disabled, but everything else maxed out, almost all of the maps have good frame rate and never slow me down. And mind you, I only have an iGPU, so I expect ever better performance out of a nVidia or good Radeon card.

Also, aside from my experiences: the engine IS optimized. In fact, that was one of the main goals for 1.0.

So stop spreading nonsense, this is not the first time you enter a topic and spread nonsense. Either that, or you're saying the truth, but you just have a very old video card.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

If I crank up the settings all the way, it only slows down if I enable Bloom. With Bloom disabled, but everything else maxed out, almost all of the maps have good frame rate and never slow me down. And mind you, I only have an iGPU, so I expect ever better performance out of a nVidia or good Radeon card.

Also, aside from my experiences: the engine IS optimized. In fact, that was one of the main goals for 1.0.

So stop spreading nonsense, this is not the first time you enter a topic and spread nonsense. Either that, or you're saying the truth, but you just have a very old video card.
            I use it on my Intel Core i7 "Haswell" 47770K with the integrated Intel GPU. The performance is decent with the standard settings, but slow when ramping up the graphics.

Comment

I use it on my Intel Core i7 "Haswell" 47770K with the integrated Intel GPU. The performance is decent with the standard settings, but slow when ramping up the graphics.
              This is expected on integrated graphics, especially older ones like the ones found in Haswell CPUs. There's no such thing as an IGP that runs modern engines at maxed settings smoothly

Comment

... so like I said: your GPU is too old.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post

This is expected on integrated graphics, especially older ones like the ones found in Haswell CPUs. There's no such thing as an IGP that runs modern engines at maxed settings smoothly
                  That's not true. Haven't you read my previous post? With the exception of Bloom, max settings on SuperTuxKart runs great on my Intel GPU (the one inside the i5 Kaby Lake R).

Comment

... so like I said: your GPU is too old.
                    But my old 4770K GPU runs very smooth and nice in other games such as War§ow, Half-Life 2, Portal 2, and Tesseract.
                    But on SuperTuxKart it is slow.

That's not true. Haven't you read my previous post? With the exception of Bloom, max settings on SuperTuxKart runs great on my Intel GPU (the one inside the i5 Kaby Lake R).
                    My 4770K "Haswell" is older than your Kaby Lake R, and for me it runs slow on high settings even without bloom.
                    But other games run fast though and look much more beautiful, like Half-Life 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X