Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.4 vs. Liquorix Kernel Benchmarks For AMD Ryzen + Radeon Gaming On Ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duby229
    replied
    I thought that was the whole point of mesa's osd... I'm pretty sure it knows what those values are.... a bash script and sed would do it.
    Last edited by duby229; 04 January 2020, 12:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• yokem55
    replied
    It's a shame there isn't good tooling on linux for 95th-percentile frame-time style benchmarking, as that would probably be a much better way to tease out the differences between the different scheduling algorithms than bulk fps averages.

Leave a comment:

• Linux 5.4 vs. Liquorix Kernel Benchmarks For AMD Ryzen + Radeon Gaming On Ubuntu

Phoronix: Linux 5.4 vs. Liquorix Kernel Benchmarks For AMD Ryzen + Radeon Gaming On Ubuntu

The Liquorix kernel is the long-standing effort for providing a "better distro kernel" optimized for desktop/multimedia/gaming workloads. As it's been a while since last testing the Liquorix kernel spin of Linux, I recently carried out some tests of its Linux 5.4 based kernel compared to Ubuntu's generic mainline PPA images of Linux 5.4 as well as the low-latency kernel variety.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=28750
Working...
X