• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this what drugs are like?
    Hi

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Cartoon games like this aren't about the greatest graphics in the world, though judging by your comments about STK over the years, you will never understand that. As for the sounds, if you don't like them, don't listen to them. I'm not a big gamer, but I always listen to music when playing racing games.
      Yes, but is not only the graphics, the game play feels stiff and boring. The engine sound is bad. In Mario Kart and such other games like Crash Bandicot you have a low engine sound and you don't hear it so much because of music.
      Also the engine sound is silent when the cart is stationary, then the sound of the engine changes as the cart accelerates, its not just one .wav or .ogg file playing in a loop on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Yes, but is not only the graphics, the game play feels stiff and boring. The engine sound is bad. In Mario Kart and such other games like Crash Bandicot you have a low engine sound and you don't hear it so much because of music.
        Also the engine sound is silent when the cart is stationary, then the sound of the engine changes as the cart accelerates, its not just one .wav or .ogg file playing in a loop on repeat.
        If you are good with details, then why not contribute?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

If you are good with details, then why not contribute?
          I am terrible with graphics and audio, as well as C and C++.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

I am terrible with graphics and audio, as well as C and C++.
            Me too, otherwise I'd be contributing myself. Still, we enjoy the game regardless
            Hi

Comment

Tried this game. With the default settings the performance was okay, but when upping the graphics settings the performance got bad. It looks like the game engine is rather slow and poorly optimized.

The music was fine.

The graphics looked a bit inconsistent and it could have some better textures and such.

The font is nice, but in some places it is not used, and some very boring font is used.

The menus could be a bit easier to use, it was difficult to figure out how to enter the game. First you have to pick a cart, then a level, then press the Enter key. It wasn't obvious and it was confusing.

Comment

For sure the whole intercae is a bit clinky, but kids figured it out, and have a ball. Cant say I personally experience the performamce drop on any of my rigs or devices at max settings. Im not saying it is the game or tour hardware, I've simply never experienced it.
                Hi

Comment

Ambient Occlusion, Bloom, and Depth of Field are pretty big performance hits, disabling those can help FPS a lot without loosing too much visual quality compared to max settings.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_core View Post
                    [...] STK is simply soulless for me. [...]
                    It's because STK is made by gingers who are known to have no soul. Also, no official STK track has soul music (The Random Roads add-on kinda does but that's just a cover up). You could help them by negotiating with the South Park creators to make a STK track in the town of South Park featuring a song by Chef. But he's supposedly into Scientology now so good luck talking him into it!

Comment

'Chef' is in to 'underground' music now, I feel.
                      Hi

Comment

Working...
                      X