Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D9VK Merged Into Upstream DXVK

Phoronix: D9VK Merged Into Upstream DXVK

D9VK, the frog-themed Direct3D 9 over Vulkan translation layer originally based on DXVK, has now been merged into the upstream DXVK Direct3D 10/11 over Vulkan layer. In other words, a single project is now providing support from Direct3D 9 through Direct3D 11 for Vulkan acceleration in speeding up the Windows gaming on Linux experience...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

One cool thing about D9VK is that it can be much faster than native D3D9 in CPU bound scenarios. E.g. Borderlands 2 profits by about ~50% more fps.

Comment

Wow, this is very nice!
      "a single project is now providing support from Direct3D 9 through Direct3D 11".
      This is the only thing I care about and want!
      I will never buy or care to play games made with DirectX 12 in mind, where there developers had the arrogance to think that I will install the spyware / adware OS just to play their game.

Comment

Weren't there projects that extended this and pushed games from lower dx versions to higher versions so the vk translation layer could cover these games too?

Comment

Originally posted by bemerk View Post
          Weren't there projects that extended this and pushed games from lower dx versions to higher versions so the vk translation layer could cover these games too?
          YUP! There's a couple projects that convert dx8 to dx9

Comment

Originally posted by bemerk View Post
            Maybe you're thinking of dgvoodoo and dgvoodoo2.

Comment

Joshua Ashtom made a 9 to 10/11 project called dxup and i think there was something else than the vodoo thing you mentioned. I need so look at the vk discord , maybe i remember it wrong

Comment

Working...
              X