X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystro256
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    I guess what he is really saying is that he's tired of/exhausted by maintaining this huge project on his own and it needs a lot more manpower and hardware. Hopefully someone from Valve will hear that. DXVK is too invaluable to be slowed down by having just a single primary developer.
    What he needs is a nice CI to run a bunch of game tests automatically. One person testing all those games is not really sustainable.

I wonder if there's a gaming company that has a huge library of games, has the resources to put this together, and a vested investment in dxvk... *cough*value*cough*

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by JPFSanders View Post
    Does this imply that the codeweavers chaps were correct in stating that long term DXVK was a dead end?
    this implies that everything produced by codeweavers chaps so far is much worse

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    I guess what he is really saying is that he's tired of/exhausted by maintaining this huge project on his own and it needs a lot more manpower and hardware. Hopefully someone from Valve will hear that. DXVK is too invaluable to be slowed down by having just a single primary developer.

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    I think he's too harsh to himself, gaming in Wine + DXVK often works more reliably for me than native Windows gaming. Especially DXVK hardly ever is the culprit when there are problems.

Leave a comment:

• mlau
    replied
    So, Valve needs to hire him full-time so he can refactor it, and assign a sidekick to him he can delegate grunt-work to

Leave a comment:

• JPFSanders
    replied
    [SARCASM] Does this imply that the codeweavers chaps were correct in stating that long term DXVK was a dead end? [/SARCASM]

Philip has done (and continues doing) a great job, what this exemplifies is how terrible fanboy-ism is.

Leave a comment:

• DXVK Reportedly Going Into "Maintenance Mode" Due To State Of Code-Base

Phoronix: DXVK Reportedly Going Into "Maintenance Mode" Due To State Of Code-Base

While DXVK tends to be much-loved by Linux gamers for allowing more Direct3D 10/11 Windows games to run nicely on Linux with Wine or Proton (Steam Play) thanks to its fairly complete translation of D3D10/D3D11 API calls to Vulkan, it looks like Philip Rebohle is at least contemplating shifting it just into maintenance-mode...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...intenance-Mode
Working...
X