Steam Survey For November Points To Flat Linux Percentage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gojul View Post
    I'm quite surprised of the RX480 GPU. Mesa drivers are notoriously unsuited for gaming, even though things are improving.
    That's not even good trolling. Try harder next time

Comment

Since running Steam on Linux, I've NEVER gotten the survey to pop up. Happened all the time on Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by gojul View Post
        I'm quite surprised of the RX480 GPU. Mesa drivers are notoriously unsuited for gaming, even though things are improving.
        Not sure what you're talking about. This was true maybe 1+ year ago but now it's golden. I wouldn't touch Nvidia on linux by a 20 foot pole anymore. I've been running RX580 with great success, basically no driver issues and the performance is better with each mesa release. I do run Arch tho, so I guess people stuck at 6 month cycles might feel different.

Comment

I am amazed Valve spend any money at all in linux, to be honest. Thankful they do though.

Comment

Better gaming support is only one of the things needed to get this going:

Software compatibility needs to get a quality bump

Driver compatibility (especially WiFi) needs to get a quality bump

Accesibility and intuitivity needs to get a quality bump

User interface (UI) and user experiencie (UX) needs to get a quality jump (KDE is heading there)

Comment

Originally posted by betam4x View Post
              Since running Steam on Linux, I've NEVER gotten the survey to pop up. Happened all the time on Windows.
              Try harder the algorithm is not convinced that you are a REAL Linux user

Comment

Working...
              X