Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Life: Alyx Releasing In March 2020 With Linux Support

Phoronix: Half-Life: Alyx Releasing In March 2020 With Linux Support

While releasing the game on time might be more of a challenge, Valve did deliver in announcing Half-Life: Alyx as scheduled as their new flagship virtual-reality game...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Alyx-Released

Do you have a source for that Linux support? Because the Steam page only mentions Windows.

Comment

That looks great. I've played HL2 through EP2 fully about 5x through (maybe more) and won't be buying VR for it but will wait to see if they release a non-VR patch.

(Yes, I tried VR previously. Still not buying it for now.)
      Last edited by ix900; 11-21-2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Hopefully a VR-free version will be released as well 'cause I just won't play anything in VR until 1) both the VRH and gaming controllers lose their wires 2) both are able to run for at least 6 hours on a battery and 3) the VRH provides [email protected] for each eye 4) the VRH is relatively lightweight 5) they don't cost a kidney

This most likely won't happen in the next 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Tori View Post
          Do you have a source for that Linux support? Because the Steam page only mentions Windows.
          I was told (unofficially) that it shows like that on the Steam page until the Linux system requirements are added/determined.
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

A march release date? Well that's surprisingly soon considering how big budget games (outside of annual franchises) typically get announced well over a year before launch.

Incidentally also dug the Vive out of the cupboard last weekend so that I could set it up. Moved into a new apartment last summer and never had the time or energy to set it up before now, but now that I'm no longer renting I can wall-mount the base stations (rather than put them on shelves or a table with a camera stand on it).

Comment

It doesn't support Linux.

Comment

I am really looking forward to this! Yes VR gaming/usage is still clearly in its infancy but I actually enjoy it, there is nothing like firing up X-Plane and going for a spin or Minecraft with the Vivecraft mod.

Sadly these days I just dont have time to game any more

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
                  A march release date? Well that's surprisingly soon considering how big budget games (outside of annual franchises) typically get announced well over a year before launch.
                  Valve has always been a bit different. They also have billions in the bank from what I remember so paying for a game in development just isn't a problem for them.

Comment

Is Valve secretly in love with Russia? The clip is full of references to the USSR/Russia.
                    • 0:30 wall painting, a traffic sign
                    • 0:38 ИНТЕНД armlet
                    • 0:43 Volga car, a registration plate, elektrichka, probably a board with a Russian text on top of the nearest building
                    • 0:52 RIGA SZ-912 СБЕГИ, REALITY DEFINED - what? 😃 There's never been such a car
                    • 0:56 boxes: "ЦЕНТРАЛЬНЫЙ ЗООПАРК", "СУХОЙ ЗАВТРАК", "СЛИВОЧНОЕ МАСЛО", "ПЕЧЕНЬЕ"

Comment

Working...
                    X