Proton 4.11-7 Released With Controller Improvements, D9VK/DXVK Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proton 4.11-7 Released With Controller Improvements, D9VK/DXVK Updates

Phoronix: Proton 4.11-7 Released With Controller Improvements, D9VK/DXVK Updates

Valve has released Proton 4.11-7 as the newest version of their Wine downstream that powers Steam Play for running Windows games on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Unfortunately, I managed to narrow down my controller issues to a crappy right stick that drifts left. The damn thing is only 4 or 5 months old so I'm a little irked. I really love your excellent quality control, Sony.

Oh yeah...something, something, Yay Proton.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
      Unfortunately, I managed to narrow down my controller issues to a crappy right stick that drifts left. The damn thing is only 4 or 5 months old so I'm a little irked. I really love your excellent quality control, Sony.

The fact that you care more about your gamepad than a new Proton release is a win in my book, it means Proton is doing its job and staying out of the way, allowing the user to just game.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

If you can't return it, maybe you can use software like a userspace driver to slightly increase the deadzone on the left or everywhere? (A deadzone is an amount of the pressing of the joystick(s) direction that is ignored, because oftentimes joysticks settle in a way that would make your game's character move even when your hands are off the joysticks.)

Comment

Working...
        X