No announcement yet.

Wine-Nine-Standalone 0.5 Released To Improve Wine Integration With Gallium Nine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Nine-Standalone 0.5 Released To Improve Wine Integration With Gallium Nine

Phoronix: Wine-Nine-Standalone 0.5 Released To Improve Wine Integration With Gallium Nine

Wine-Nine-Standalone is the project making it easier to make use of Gallium3D's Direct3D 9 state tracker within Wine. Wine-Nine-Standalone 0.5 is out as the first new release since March for this project making it easier to use the Direct3D 9 Gallium state tracker within Wine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is Gallium-Nine still faster than D9VK?

Comment

I tried to install this on Linux Mint 19 with Wine-Staging 4.16 and I get these errors. ninewinecfg doesn't work.

0028:err:setupapi:create_dest_file failed to create L"C:\\windows\\system32\\atl100.dll" (error=80)
      0028:err:setupapi:create_dest_file failed to create L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shlwapi.dll" (error=80)
      0028:errle:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\windows\\system32\\msdatsrc.tlb" failed with error 2

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        I've been playing Crysis and Crysis warhead lately on some rather modest hardware and Gallium-nine does seem to be the fastest and best solution. Sadly I don't have any benchmarks to prove my point but having three Direct X 9 renderes to choose from is quite nice when dealing with modest* hardware

*Thinkpad 560 with a Radeon 370 mobile GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by gukin View Post

I've been playing Crysis and Crysis warhead lately on some rather modest hardware and Gallium-nine does seem to be the fastest and best solution. Sadly I don't have any benchmarks to prove my point but having three Direct X 9 renderes to choose from is quite nice when dealing with modest* hardware

*Thinkpad 560 with a Radeon 370 mobile GPU.
          OK, thanks for the information.

Comment

OK, thanks for the information.
            As I posted already in the D9VK thread; when playing counter strike source on my Athlon 5350, gallium nine gives 5fps more compared to the native version (65 vs 60fps, fullHD with low details). On my FX-6300/HD7790 system, gallium nine's performance is the same as the native version. Haven't tried D9VK though due to amdgpu not having been the default for my gpu...

Comment

They are in the same ballpark, but Nine still has an edge (at least with the games I tested).

Comment

Working great on Arch Linux with Fury Nano. Using it mainly for LOTRO.

The game works better than on windows with less crashes, to the point that other that I play with start to think about installing linux to play the game.

Comment

Depends on the game, there are some games where D9VK is significantly faster like Witcher 2, there are games where Nine runs better.

I've had much more luck running some of my older games with D9VK than with Nine though.

Comment

I would like to some benchmarks of D9VK and Wine-Nine-Standalone.

Comment

Working...
                    X