Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    Cool. Thanks Wine and Steam. Can't wait to give it a try

Does anyone know if DXVK will ever get DX12 support and if we'll someday end up in a competing standards situation like we have now with DX9 and DX11?
    iirc DX12 is also a low-level API like Vulkan, so I believe it would be easier to keep it as a separate project.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      yes, by number of dx12-only games. i thought it's not large number though
      There are no direct3d 12 only games on steam.

Comment

Originally posted by ryao View Post
        There are no direct3d 12 only games on steam.
        so the number isn't large indeed

Comment

https://github.com/imaami/Proton/rel...i-4.13-4-vkd3d

A third party build with VKD3D support is available.

It probably causes regressions for certain games because DXVK’s quirks support is partially disabled by this. The code to implement some of the quirks that is in DXVK’s dxgi.dll while VKD3D support replaces it with Wine’s dxgi.dll.

https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/bl...config.cpp#L14

It is worse than that suggests because the nvapihack is enabled by default on Nvidia hardware. The ones listed there are just the games that do not tolerate it.
          Last edited by ryao; 24 August 2019, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ryao View Post
            https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/bl...config.cpp#L14

It is worse than that suggests because the nvapihack is enabled by default on Nvidia hardware. The ones listed there are just the games that do not tolerate it.
            Proton does not build staging, and thus does not build nvapi support. wine-staging has a very old and un-maintained version of nvapi, and this is built by default when building wine-staging. Using DXVK with d3d11 games that expects nvapi sometimes cause problems.

I have been fiddling with a nvapi implementation of nvapi that tries to read "real" values from native linux using NVML and nvidia-settings api. Still loads of functions not available, and reading temperatures, clock-speeds+++ carries quite a overhead so it is more of a proof-of-concept thing.
            I have however made a "lite" version that tries to read only the neccessary things including using some DXVK functions to provide nvidia specific tweaks like NvAPI_D3D11_SetDepthBoundsTest .

Feel free to do some testing if you like. The "lite" branch is probably the most useful if aimed at getting better fps when gaming, but using the full version and running GPU CAPS VIEWER is a fun experiment
            Standalone meson compile of nVidia's nvapi. Contribute to SveSop/nvapi_standalone development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Working...
            X