Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine 2.9 Further Enhances Its Stunning Visuals

Phoronix: Unigine 2.9 Further Enhances Its Stunning Visuals

It's a pity there doesn't seem to be any new adoption of Unigine as a game engine, but this visually impressive platform does continue seeing much success in the area of industrial simulations, professional VR platforms, and related areas. With Unigine 2.9 this Linux-friendly graphics engine is even more stunning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, the guys didn't even bother updating their own game with new features in the engine and you're wondering why others didn't pick it up?
    It seems this is confined to professional sim space, w have to learn to live with that.

Comment

It sounds like there's a new benchmark, on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        Well, the guys didn't even bother updating their own game with new features in the engine and you're wondering why others didn't pick it up?
        It seems this is confined to professional sim space, w have to learn to live with that.
        What game is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Spam View Post

What game is that?
          I think it's called Oil Rig or something like that. It's a strategy game the devs made as a showcase for the engine, but afaik it's been dead for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Spam View Post

What game is that?

Come to think about it, there's also the Superposition benchmark that hasn't been updated either.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
              Come to think about it, there's also the Superposition benchmark that hasn't been updated either.
              I think they typically make new benchmarks, instead of updating older ones.

For benchmarks, this makes much more sense. You want the results of a benchmark on one PC to be directly comparable to those of another, as most people don't pay much attention to benchmark version numbers.

Comment

So I played with the penumbra sliders and, yeah, that's a blur filter and it sucks.

Outside of the ashtray light displacement one, I preferred the before images.

Couldn't tell the difference in the tone mapping one. Maybe I need an HDR monitor and OS to appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post

For benchmarks, this makes much more sense. You want the results of a benchmark on one PC to be directly comparable to those of another, as most people don't pay much attention to benchmark version numbers.
                  I was thinking more about how 3DMark does it: they add new benchmarks to the suite. But the point is kinda moot since Unigine guys don't do either.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post

It has been updated from Superposition 1.0 to 1.1.

Comment

Working...
                    X