Steam Linux Usage Slipped In July According To Valve's Current Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neraxa View Post
    Ubuntu isn't helping with Linux adoption or Steam. Ubuntu apparently does not like it that people are using Ubuntu to play games. Ubuntu has been doing everything it can to punish people that want to use Ubuntu to play 32 bit games with Steam. Ubuntu has shown that they despise their desktop users and trying to shaft them by removing 32-bit support. This is intended by Ubuntu as a punishment for Steam and for Brother printer company for trying to make Linux more useable for desktop users. They decided they want Ubuntu to be a server OS only and that you will only be allowed to use expensive server hardware made within the last 4 years. No 32 bit computers or software allowed. No gamers, desktop publishing or printers allowed.
    Come on now... these excuses are getting more and more creative. The 32-bit decision was made in the past few months. Linux gaming being sub-1% on Valve has been going on for YEARS. I think your cause and effect are all mixed up.

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    Anecdotal, but I've never once received a Steam survey when using the beta client.

I have, however, received a few Steam surveys when not using the beta version.

7 years using Steam: no surveys with beta client; two surveys on Linux/stable; one survey on Windows/stable.

I'm also not the only one who has noticed that. Last year some other Phoronix poster, I forgot who, made post theorizing about stable/beta surveys so I switched over to stable and a month later I received my 2nd survey when running Linux. That's either one hell of a coincidence or there's some truth to Steam beta not getting surveys.
    The beta client definitely prompts for the survey. When I was using Linux, I was exclusively using the Steam beta client. I also received the survey far, far, far more frequently on Linux than I ever have on Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
      Anecdotal, but I've never once received a Steam survey when using the beta client.
      I'm on beta and actually got the survey a few days ago.

Comment

Update: Valve adjusted it, it did not slip.

0.79% +0.03%

Exactly as it should have been, based on the figure from June which was 0.76%.
        Last edited by gutigone; 04 August 2019, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X