Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R41N3R
    replied
    I wonder if sdl12-compat is still in development. Would be nice if it would be available in some distributions to better support Wayland.

Leave a comment:

• dscharrer
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    One problem with SDL, is that if the compositor can/will honor it (especially KWin), it will disable compositing when I open my SDL app, and it's not like it only does this in full-screen, rather doing it even while windowed!
    Looks like you can disable that behavior in SDL 2.0.10 by setting SDL_VIDEO_X11_NET_WM_BYPASS_COMPOSITOR=0 in your environment.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
    If only more developers swallow their pride and adopted SDL 2 instead of using their half backed support for X feature on their games.
    One problem with SDL, is that if the compositor can/will honor it (especially KWin), it will disable compositing when I open my SDL app, and it's not like it only does this in full-screen, rather doing it even while windowed!

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    If only more developers swallow their pride and adopted SDL 2 instead of using their half backed support for X feature on their games.

Leave a comment:

• boxie
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    It's surprising the Mir client API exists to this date.
    dropping code is a hard thing to do!

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    It's surprising the Mir client API exists to this date.

Leave a comment:

• SDL 2.0.10 Released With New APIs, Drops Mir In Favor Of Wayland

Phoronix: SDL 2.0.10 Released With New APIs, Drops Mir In Favor Of Wayland

As the first Simple DirectMedia Layer release of 2019, SDL 2.0.10 has debuted today for this library that's widely used by cross-platform games including as part of the Steam run-time...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X