X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kpedersen
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Must suck to be you if you don't even have a computer that can play Unreal Tournament from 20 years ago.
    Unfortunately it is usually because it requires an older version of Mesa than most Linux distros provide. Either that or it requires a kernel feature in the 2.x series or a very old glibc.

The sad truth is that unlike Windows, the backwards compatibility of Linux is a little bit lacking. Even the most popular distro is faffing with the idea of dropping 32-bit support.

That is if you only purchase a binary license. Unless I can buy a source code license, I tend to just grab a quick and dirty binary from the Pirate Bay instead. I am quite happy to pay up to £500 for a personal source code license to a game or software I really enjoy. Slightly less so for leaked source but if I cannot get it from the company directly, I simply buy it from "slightly more quirky" vendors instead . Either way I then simply maintain a working copy myself for personal use.
    Last edited by kpedersen; 11 July 2019, 07:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by paupav View Post
    all new games are bad, and UT is only good game currently, but it runs really bad on my system.
    Must suck to be you if you don't even have a computer that can play Unreal Tournament from 20 years ago.
    Last edited by skeevy420; 11 July 2019, 07:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    Originally posted by paupav View Post
    all new games are bad, and UT is only good game currently, but it runs really bad on my system.
    Many new games are indeed uninteresting, and so are some old ones but they are easily forgotten among all the classics. Personally got hooked on Celeste recently. Great game, and since it was released january last year it can hardly be considered old. Maybe one day it will be remembered among the classics. Truly a masterpiece.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by xorbe View Post
    Trailers on Steam are just the worst. They all have excessively long intros.
    My process:
    1. See game on Steam that looks interesting.
    2. View game trailer.
    3. Get pissed that game trailer has no in-game gameplay and is all cut-scenes.
    4. Watch trailers two and three and maybe see 10 seconds of gameplay.
    5. Get really pissed and light a cigarette to calm my nerves.
    6. Youtube someone playing the game.
    7. Watch the game be played.
    8. Finally make final decision.

Leave a comment:

• xorbe
    replied
    Trailers on Steam are just the worst. They all have excessively long intros.

Leave a comment:

• paupav
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cape
    replied
    This is awesome!
    Every steam sale is always a pain to choose amongst the thousands titles available. A better way to scavenge new games is very welcome 🤗

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I expected some new way to sign up for beta channels rather than more annoying ways to browse the store. This is disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Valve Rolls Out Steam Labs

Valve Rolls Out Steam Labs

Phoronix: Valve Rolls Out Steam Labs

Valve's Steam Labs is the new centralized place for their different experiments around the Steam marketplace...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X