No announcement yet.

America's Army 3.0 "May Return" To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good news.... good news Come on AMD do a good job with your FGLRX driver and we will all be happy

Comment

Normally I'd love another game for linux, but not this, I refuse to install a game made by the military for propaganda purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
        Normally I'd love another game for linux, but not this, I refuse to install a game made by the military for propaganda purposes.
        Me neither. DoD propagandistic crap to get idiots to recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
          Besides many dislike AA because it's "America" in it or "Army". Mind you that there are gamers out there with style that don't like playing YAFG ( Yet Another FPS Game ).
          True but nobody cares about the French and not all styles are good. Nobody takes "The French" serious anyway. I mean with those funny hats and that whiny accent... which might be cute on their women, but on the men it's just annoying. I can also see why they wouldn't want to play a FPS. The most aggressive thing I've seen them do was whine "Get back or we will point our bottoms at you while we run away."

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            Krita and Digicam are more akin to being in the MS Paint class.
            I'm sorry, but this is simply not true. Both programs are extremely capable, and sport a number of advanced features, among which are fully color managed, support for RAW files, and an extensive plug-in system (kipi-plugins).

Krita: http://koffice.org/krita/
            In addition, Krita (a painting / image editing program), supports a huge number of color spaces in up to 32 bits per channel (depending on the colorspace), provides realistic watercolor painting, and provides all the basics (and then some) for touching up images and creation of them. Although if you are going to be dealing with photographs mostly, Digikam is recommended instead, because it's specially built for photography.

Digikam: http://www.digikam.org
            Digikam is a prosumer-level app which provides the capability to handle your photos from the camera thru to post-processing and exporting to several online photo galleries. A listing of the features can be found here: http://www.digikam.org/drupal/about/features9x
            They include handling all major metadata tags, including makernotes, a light table for photo comparison, duplicate image finder, geotagging (including plotting on a map), a RAW converter, and a fast photo editor.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamor View Post
              True but nobody cares about the French and not all styles are good. Nobody takes "The French" serious anyway. I mean with those funny hats and that whiny accent... which might be cute on their women, but on the men it's just annoying. I can also see why they wouldn't want to play a FPS. The most aggressive thing I've seen them do was whine "Get back or we will point our bottoms at you while we run away."
              How did you get now on France?

Comment

Guyz guyz guyz....
                Less arguing about nonsense. More arguing about games.

Why do you dislike Steam Dragonlord? If Valve were to port Steam to Linux, then they might also bring the source engine and their previous engine to Linux. That would increase the native number of Linux games by a substantial number. Also, it would mean that a game ported to Linux would be open to a much larger player base than normal.

I don't really care about AA though. If you can't rocket jump in an FPS then it's not worth playing IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by dashcloud View Post
                  I'm sorry, but this is simply not true. Both programs are extremely capable, and sport a number of advanced features, among which are fully color managed, support for RAW files, and an extensive plug-in system (kipi-plugins).
                  Don't forget Inkscape and Karbon. KDE's program that competes with MS Paint is KolourPaint. KolourPaint is freakin awesome for what it does, but I wouldn't put Krita in that same class by any means.

Besides, I don't see what is so wrong with GIMP. Options just for the sake of options is dumb. GIMP allows all sorts of plugins to change even core interface elements. I say we have more than enough options as far as applications go. We could use more Filter plugins though... but I personally am satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                    Me neither. DoD propagandistic crap to get idiots to recruit.
                    So what? If it's fun I will play it

Comment

Originally posted by superppl View Post
                      Guyz guyz guyz....
                      Less arguing about nonsense. More arguing about games.

Why do you dislike Steam Dragonlord? If Valve were to port Steam to Linux, then they might also bring the source engine and their previous engine to Linux. That would increase the native number of Linux games by a substantial number. Also, it would mean that a game ported to Linux would be open to a much larger player base than normal.

I don't really care about AA though. If you can't rocket jump in an FPS then it's not worth playing IMHO.
                      Did you ever consider the alternative of what could happen with steam being ported? It could just as easily go the other way where they thought there might be a potential profitable market but it turns out there is not. Resulting in more real life numbers showing that there is no profit in linux gaming. PTC for example thought there would be great potential in supporting linux Pro/E only to find that it wasn't profitable at all. PTC didn't give just a half assed attempt either in the end they wound up killing the linux Pro/E because it simply wasn't profitable despite being a big ticket item. In a day and age where technology and development houses are laying off in mass your probably going to see dwindling linux support as companies try to make it through the tough times. As a business person would you sink a ton of money into a marketshare that makes up a very small percentage or are you going to use that capitol to develop for a much larger audience?

Comment

Working...
                      X