DXVK 1.2.1 Released With Game Fixes, Some Performance Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 1.2.1 Released With Game Fixes, Some Performance Improvements

Phoronix: DXVK 1.2.1 Released With Game Fixes, Some Performance Improvements

A new release of DXVK is available for translating Direct3D 10/11 calls to Vulkan for speeding up the Windows on Linux gaming experience...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool, but dammit since I built it an hour ago with 1.2 and I've just been lurking here waiting on assloads of Steam shader caches to download so I can play my games...time to rebuild Proton

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
      Cool, but dammit since I built it an hour ago with 1.2 and I've just been lurking here waiting on assloads of Steam shader caches to download so I can play my games...time to rebuild Proton
      I'm using regular Wine, and dxvk is installed in prefixes using symlinks. So updating dxvk is quite easy - just rebuild it, and replace it in main location - all prefixes are updated implicitly this way. No need to rebuild Wine or touch prefixes themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

I'm using regular Wine, and dxvk is installed in prefixes using symlinks. So updating dxvk is quite easy - just rebuild it, and replace it in main location - all prefixes are updated implicitly this way. No need to rebuild Wine or touch prefixes themselves.
        I normally compile all of my stuff into custom Proton builds these days because, to me, that is a lot easier than using Lutris to launch Steam inside a custom wine environment to then launch my game. Frequent compiles also allow me to know when various things break. I've also been working on some patches for various parts of the tk-glitch wine and proton building processes and I kind of have to compile to test those.

Anyhoo, figured out the revert points so the 4.8 gamepad patch works and just built Proton with D*VK against that so I'm gonna go kill some fuckers in Hitman 2 . A person can only watch so much compiler output before they go insane EDIT: and Steam shader cache...shit, I'm afraid to close and reopen Steam with how many times it's hit me today...
        Last edited by skeevy420; 19 May 2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

I normally compile all of my stuff into custom Proton builds these days because, to me, that is a lot easier than using Lutris to launch Steam inside a custom wine environment to then launch my game.
          My use case is easier - I'm not using Steam, and simply install DRM-free games like from GOG each in its own prefix. Lately I'm not using Lutris or POL, but my own scripts to manage prefixes.

Comment

My use case is the exact same as shmerl, so I just want to share my simple build script in case it helps anyone. Any time a new version of DXVK is released, I just run "bash ~/dev/bash/build_dxvk.sh" and it takes care of everything. Just update the paths to fit your needs.

Code:
            #!/bin/bash

# Compile and install DXVK from git master

set -o errexit
            set -o pipefail

BUILD_DIR=${BUILD_DIR:-"${HOME}/Downloads/dxvk-build"}
            COMPILED_DIR=${COMPILED_DIR:-"${BUILD_DIR}/dxvk-master"}
            WINEPREFIXES_DIR=${WINEPREFIXES_DIR:-"${HOME}/.local/share/wineprefixes"}
            SOURCE_URL=${SOURCE_URL:-"https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk.git"}

# Start fresh, remove previous build dir if it exists
            if [[ -d "${BUILD_DIR}" ]]; then
                rm -rf "${BUILD_DIR}"
            fi

# Create build dir and clone from source
            mkdir -pv "${BUILD_DIR}"
            cd "${BUILD_DIR}"
            git clone --depth 1 "${SOURCE_URL}"
            cd dxvk

# Start compiling
            ./package-release.sh master "${BUILD_DIR}" --no-package

# Finished compiling, let's change to the compiled dir
            cd "${COMPILED_DIR}"

# Install to the different wineprefixes that utilize DX10/DX11
            WINEPREFIX="${WINEPREFIXES_DIR}/wine32" ./setup_dxvk.sh install
            WINEPREFIX="${WINEPREFIXES_DIR}/wine64" ./setup_dxvk.sh install
            WINEPREFIX="${WINEPREFIXES_DIR}/ShadowWarrior2" ./setup_dxvk.sh install

# Cleanup
            rm -rf "${COMPILED_DIR}"
            rm -rf "${BUILD_DIR}"

echo "All done."

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
              My use case is the exact same as shmerl, so I just want to share my simple build script in case it helps anyone.
              Here is one I use:

https://gist.github.com/shmerl/3d49b...72366dca9438ce

It's just for building though, deploying takes some extra steps - I'm not using package-release.sh since I prefer a bit neater files layout in case of building both *.dll and *.so.
              Last edited by shmerl; 19 May 2019, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Here is one I use:

https://gist.github.com/shmerl/3d49b...72366dca9438ce

It's just for building though, deploying takes some extra steps - I'm not using package-release.sh.
                Thanks for sharing. Your original Mesa build script helped me tremendously when I started making my own build scripts. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

Thanks for sharing. Your original Mesa build script helped me tremendously when I started making my own build scripts. Cheers
                  Glad to hear it helped! I you didn't look at it recently, I updated it a while ago to use Meson:
                  https://gist.github.com/shmerl/f4e5f...083e37c5da56f4

You can also take a look at actual scripts I use with Wine prefixes:

* https://gist.github.com/shmerl/a2867...03326b32b47fe7
                  * https://gist.github.com/shmerl/edf23...aea16c31393d89
                  * https://gist.github.com/shmerl/d7d56...2124c705d18091

Comment

I normally compile all of my stuff into custom Proton builds these days because, to me, that is a lot easier than using Lutris to launch Steam inside a custom wine environment to then launch my game. Frequent compiles also allow me to know when various things break. I've also been working on some patches for various parts of the tk-glitch wine and proton building processes and I kind of have to compile to test those.

Anyhoo, figured out the revert points so the 4.8 gamepad patch works and just built Proton with D*VK against that so I'm gonna go kill some fuckers in Hitman 2 . A person can only watch so much compiler output before they go insane EDIT: and Steam shader cache...shit, I'm afraid to close and reopen Steam with how many times it's hit me today...
                    The shader cache isn't very useful if you're using Mesa from git

Comment

Working...
                    X