Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nomadewolf
    replied
    Congratulations to Valve for keeping to invest in Linux!

Leave a comment:

• Templar82
    replied
    Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
    OK, so that was about 20GB of updates. Holy monkey.
    Wow you weren't kidding

Leave a comment:

• d3coder
    replied
    > Fixed a bug where copying/moving files bigger than 2GB would fail with an I/O error
    Oh yeah!

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

Zink supports OpenGL 3.0 already, as far as I know.
    It's also running at half the speed of native GL.

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    Originally posted by chinoto View Post

Emulation* of OpenGL in Vulkan would most likely slow the game down due to overhead unless the emulator and Vulkan driver are far more clever at optimization than existing OpenGL drivers, so the only benefit would be for GPUs with only a Vulkan implementation. If you need or want to try such a thing, there is [Zink], but I don't believe it has advanced past OpenGL 2.1 yet.
    *more like a compatibility or translation layer, like Wine is
    [Zink]: <https://www.collabora.com/news-and-b...tation-vulkan/>
    Zink supports OpenGL 3.0 already, as far as I know.

Leave a comment:

• toojays
    replied
    Originally posted by sabian2008 View Post
    Hope that those network changes fixes solve a 3/4 years old bug where disconnecting and reconnecting NetworkManager forces you to restart Steam. Example: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/csgo-osx-linux/issues/1518.
    From this comment by Paul Fenwick on a similar bug I've been watching, it sounds like it should.

Leave a comment:

• Xaero_Vincent
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    I'd like to play Left4Dead2 on Vulkan, does Valve have any plans to transition at least the older OpenGL games to an OpenGL emulation over Vulkan?
    You could try playing the Windows version in Wine with D9VK.

Leave a comment:

• chinoto
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    I'd like to play Left4Dead2 on Vulkan, does Valve have any plans to transition at least the older OpenGL games to an OpenGL emulation over Vulkan?
    Emulation* of OpenGL in Vulkan would most likely slow the game down due to overhead unless the emulator and Vulkan driver are far more clever at optimization than existing OpenGL drivers, so the only benefit would be for GPUs with only a Vulkan implementation. If you need or want to try such a thing, there is [Zink], but I don't believe it has advanced past OpenGL 2.1 yet.
    *more like a compatibility or translation layer, like Wine is
    [Zink]: <https://www.collabora.com/news-and-b...tation-vulkan/>

Leave a comment:

• mv.gavrilov
    replied
    > On the Linux front specifically, there is a fix that was causing Steam to crash randomly when launching games,
    But crashing games when they launched from XFS partition they don't fix yet.

Leave a comment:

• ThoreauHD
    replied
    OK, so that was about 20GB of updates. Holy monkey. I hope it does something useful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X