Valve Pushes Out Big Steam Beta Update, Linux Changes & Steam Remote Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post

Yeah EAC and BattlEye support will be huge. At least Steam Remote Play will enable you to stream EAC/BattlEye enabled games to a Linux machine via a Crossover cable, WiFi and Ethernet LAN, and now from a Windows computer outside your home network, over the Internet.

Looks great! Running with Proton or other version of wine?

Alright..streaming.. still great
    Last edited by v21cesc; 16 May 2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

Zink supports OpenGL 3.0 already, as far as I know.
      Woops, yes, reported on Phoronix in February. I was looking for more updates about Zink, but the commit messages aren't very informative about high level progress.

Comment

Originally posted by chinoto View Post
        Woops, yes, reported on Phoronix in February. I was looking for more updates about Zink, but the commit messages aren't very informative about high level progress.
        Yes, I'm waiting as well to read some news! Would love to see it advance further and get it integrated into upstream for broader testing.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
          Hard Reset Redux over DXVK (Vulkan) on Linux runs smoother than on Windows on "native" OpenGL where I often experience stuttering.
          Congratulations on finding the exception that proves the rule?

Seriously, though, that indicates some really messed up GL programming in that game. Valve's games were at least somewhat tuned when they got ported into GL and there's no chance adding another abstraction layer on top of that would help.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Congratulations on finding the exception that proves the rule?

Seriously, though, that indicates some really messed up GL programming in that game. Valve's games were at least somewhat tuned when they got ported into GL and there's no chance adding another abstraction layer on top of that would help.
            No, I played a few DXVK games and all had great performance.

Comment

Unfortunately this update broke streaming from my Windows machine entirely for me. Luckily it's very easy to roll back to the non-beta version from within the client. Makes it very easy to test beta features!

Comment

Working...
              X