Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endless Is Now Trying To Teach Kids To Program With Linux Games

Phoronix: Endless Is Now Trying To Teach Kids To Program With Linux Games

Endless Computers, the startup that has been heavy contributors to GNOME among other open-source projects as part of their endeavor for selling low-cost computers in developing countries powered by their own Linux distribution and recently began offering a $299 laptop to teach kids to code is now hoping to motivate more kids to get involved with programming through Linux games...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This reminds me of the game "Operation".

Anyone who played it as a child is today a surgeon.

Comment

Looks like they want to compete with Apple (Swift Playgrounds).
      It may be just me though.

Comment

If they're trying to get kids to be passionate about computers, Gnome probably isn't the greatest choice. It's the Fisher Price of the Linux desktops.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanz View Post
          If they're trying to get kids to be passionate about computers, Gnome probably isn't the greatest choice. It's the Fisher Price of the Linux desktops.
          They use a forked GNOME that doesn't even look the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

They use a forked GNOME that doesn't even look the same.
            I bet it still has very poor performance. Especially on the cheaper laptops they are providing.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

I bet it still has very poor performance. Especially on the cheaper laptops they are providing.
              It's not terrible but it still leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

Working...
              X