X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nille_kungen
    replied
    This sounds interesting.
    Even if the gains are not to much i do like to see this explored, i welcome every gain possible.
    I hope it's not to much extra work.

Leave a comment:

• xpue
    replied
    Oh look, nv gameworks, but from amd.

Leave a comment:

• v21cesc
    replied
    Well I don't think crossfire or SLI is a common choice for most of us. So this new proj won't help us a lot. But it's still exciting to see another great feature deployed under linux.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by Enverex View Post
    The developer commented on this over on Reddit to clear up any confusion/expectations:
    FWIW, I wasn't expecting too much. Anything Crossfire+Linux will make me raise an eyebrow since that's one of the things we don't have.

I expect some sort of DX12/Vulkan any-GPU setup for us eventually, maybe...

Leave a comment:

• Enverex
    replied
    The developer commented on this over on Reddit to clear up any confusion/expectations:

Sigh. Since people (especially over at Phoronix) are already expecting way too much: - No, this does not and will notsupport Crossfire. - No, not every game shipping an amd_ags_x64.dll actually use the supported extensions. Many games just use it for HDR setup, driver version info, and the aforementioned Crossfire. - No, this won't magically make your Nvidia card run 200% faster. Might work on non-AMD hardware by accident, but it wasn't tested. - No, the performance gains are not significant.

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    Anything that gets Linux as fast or faster than Windows is what we need.

Leave a comment:

• leonmaxx
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    I'm very curious if this actually works with Crossfire...
    Current code have only Depth Bounds and Multi Draw Indirect APIs implemented.

Edit: I wouldn't hope for any CrossFire work here, but Multi Draw Indirect should give good performance boost for games that use it properly.
    Last edited by leonmaxx; 06 May 2019, 09:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    I'm very curious if this actually works with Crossfire setups in Linux without requiring the user or other drivers from doing anything else. If it does, I'm pretty sure that would be the first working example of open-source multi-GPU rendering working under Linux.
    That Crossfire part peaked my interest too. Will be interesting to see what comes of it.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    And here we have yet another benefit from using hardware made by company that supports open source software.

Oh...cool...just checked and I actually have a game that contains the amd_ads_x64.dll -- Hitman 2....what sucks is I've yet to build a custom Proton that will run Hitman 2...it works damn well with Steam's 4.2 Proton. I'm sure y'all can guess at least one of the items on my agenda today.

EDIT: Tried Hitman 2 with ads built from all three versions and I didn't have any luck getting it to run.
    Last edited by skeevy420; 06 May 2019, 10:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    I'm very curious if this actually works with Crossfire setups in Linux without requiring the user or other drivers from doing anything else. If it does, I'm pretty sure that would be the first working example of open-source multi-GPU rendering working under Linux.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X