Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tashihira12345
    replied
    Could anyone tell me the minimum configuration of this game?

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post

Thank you. Just like I thought DXVK doesn't and cannot make DX11 Windows games run faster under Linux than they run on Windows.
    With my x5687s and RX 580 @1080p using everything maxed, my Miami results are what the Windows benchmark shows to a little higher. Probably means that both myself and that benchmark are CPU limited.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
    birdie Raka555 Here is a reupload of the full images (this crappy forums software doesn't even show me the original links when editing my post WTF...):
    Here are my benchmark results:
    Thank you. Just like I thought DXVK doesn't and cannot make DX11 Windows games run faster under Linux than they run on Windows.

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    birdie Raka555 Here is a reupload of the full images (this crappy forums software doesn't even show me the original links when editing my post WTF...):
    Here are my benchmark results:

DX11 1440p: 58fps

DX11 720p (CPU limit): 96fps

DXVK 1440p: 56fps

DXVK 720p (Valve upscaling hack): 86fps

Settings:
    https://abload.de/img/screenshot_20190503_1tekc5.png https://abload.de/img/winsetlukjv.png

And now it seems the board software is too stupid to automatically detect clickable hyperlinks...
    Edit: It seems insulting it helps, in the actual post entry they are clickable.
    Last edited by aufkrawall; 06 May 2019, 08:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    I just noticed that this stupid forum software screwed me up.
    Michael Please fix it, especially the mobile forums site is unusable.

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    In my video you can see system specs and the game running with benchmark. Users can not see nothing in you blurry pictures.
    You don't even understand how png compression works, do you...

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
    BTW, what are you running?
    That's on Arch, I don't think your stutter problem is normal. Only thing I did is to use performance CPU clock governor, as powersave is pure rubbish on at least original Skylake and older. Well, and I also use BFQ for IO, but since I don't have any IO background activity, it doesn't matter for games.
    I don't have any stutter e.g. in Hitman 2 once shaders are compiled. I also just tried out Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (finally works with recent Wine) and it shares the same verdict (no perceivable stutter and fps well above 100).

Leave a comment:

• Linuxxx
    replied
    Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
    Where exactly?
    All my games that aren't broken run completely stutter-free without those settings and those that are broken don't run better either.
    Everywhere basically!
    WINE+DXVK, PCSX2, PPSSPP, RPCS3, Dolphin; you name it!
    Hell, even just browsing the web with Firefox has improved drastically!

All of this compared to the out-of-the-box experience with Arch-Linux (Antergos), which gets even more profound when compared to my previous distro (openSUSE Tumbleweed)!

That's why it would be interesting to see whether Michael can also quantify these improvements when applying said modifications to Ubuntu!

BTW, what are you running?

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
    With the above modifications, I'm seeing clearly improved performance & responsiveness with Arch-Linux's ZEN kernel!
    Where exactly?
    All my games that aren't broken run completely stutter-free without those settings and those that are broken don't run better either.

Leave a comment:

• Linuxxx
    replied
    Michael
    Since (I assume) You will do the Linux vs. Windows benchmarks on Ubuntu, it would be cool if You could add an additional run with the following tweaks:

- With Intel's 'pstate' driver - not only setting the governor to "performance", but also the "performance-bias" to 0 for truly maximum performance.
    (Easily achieved with the following command: sudo cpupower -c all set --perf-bias 0)

- Utilising Ubuntu's "low-latency" kernel for improved frame-times.

- Pinning the GPU to its highest performance level.

- Setting the I/O-scheduler to "BFQ" with its default settings (i.e. activated 'low_latency' flag).

- Additionally activating Feral's GameMode for increased I/O-priority for the game being run. (Alternatively You could do the same manually.)

With the above modifications, I'm seeing clearly improved performance & responsiveness with Arch-Linux's ZEN kernel!

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X