Unigine Superposition 1.1 Adds Linux SteamVR Support, Up To 16K Rendering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Superposition 1.1 Adds Linux SteamVR Support, Up To 16K Rendering

Phoronix: Unigine Superposition 1.1 Adds Linux SteamVR Support, Up To 16K Rendering

It's already been two years since Unigine Corp introduced their very fascinating Superposition graphics benchmark. Today they have rolled out Unigine Superposition 1.1 as the next installment of this demanding GPU benchmark to showcase the Unigine 2 engine's abilities...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...erposition-1.1

Nice the updated benchmark works under Kde-Neon without any hacks.

Comment

I just wonder what they want to do with this engine. Unigine 1 had 1 game, made by the same corporation, which wasn't successful. Unigine 2 has none. How do they even have money to develop this?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
        I just wonder what they want to do with this engine. Unigine 1 had 1 game, made by the same corporation, which wasn't successful. Unigine 2 has none. How do they even have money to develop this?
        The wiki page lists a few more and notes that it's used in military projects. Just because it's not super popular doesn't mean it's not profitable

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
          I think it's used in visualization/simulators, rather than games.

Comment

Working...
          X