Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 1.1 Released With Vulkan Queries Work, Other Improvements

Phoronix: DXVK 1.1 Released With Vulkan Queries Work, Other Improvements

DXVK 1.1 is out this weekend in time for some weekend Linux game testing. This library, which is used for implementing Direct3D 10/11 over Vulkan for the benefit of Windows games running on Linux under Wine/Proton (Steam Play), has new abilities and performance enhancements with today's update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting that Bas was named as the primary contact on VK_EXT_host_query_reset, with other contributors from Intel and NVidia. Nobody from AMD.
    Last edited by smitty3268; 06 April 2019, 06:01 PM.

Comment

The release note also says:

Warning

This release is known to introduce GPU hangs. Do not use.

Comment

Well, it was even un-released just now.

Comment

Yeah was some bugs found, I encountered one but needed to bisect to really figure out where it was, and I don't know howto bisect for shit! ...

Comment

Wow, this is the first version that works for me with Far Cry 4, now if I can figure out the stupid sound problem, I'll be hanging out in Nepal. So timely, and I just finished Far Cry 3. Many kudos to Philip.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
              Interesting that Bas was named as the primary contact on VK_EXT_host_query_reset, with other contributors from Intel and NVidia. Nobody from AMD.
              Not surprising then, that amdvlk doesn't support it, but radv and nvidia do.

Comment

Originally posted by gukin View Post
                Wow, this is the first version that works for me with Far Cry 4, now if I can figure out the stupid sound problem, I'll be hanging out in Nepal. So timely, and I just finished Far Cry 3. Many kudos to Philip.
                I had problem with FFXV movies audio. Then i removed Lutris and Protonized_Faudio_Wine and installed default Tumbleweed Stagging, now everything works right. On Linux the most problems come from apps that outside your distribution like external Wine.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post

I had problem with FFXV movies audio. Then i removed Lutris and Protonized_Faudio_Wine and installed default Tumbleweed Stagging, now everything works right. On Linux the most problems come from apps that outside your distribution like external Wine.
                  I got it working and will do a write up on winehq so that, at minimum, I'll have written down what I did to make it work.

That said, Far Cry 4 just looks and runs beautifully on my 2400g, and Radeon 570, It's faster and smoother than Far Cry 3. Philip has really worked wonders, many thanks to him.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
                    I don't know howto bisect for shit! ...
                    Bisecting is a git feature: https://git-scm.com/docs/git-bisect

It's really simple as long as you have a known good commit (ask the devs for release number to commit translations or, if you're familiar with it, look into their git and translate for yourself). Just clone their git repo and follow the linked docs above. Don't forget to compile and test every version git throws at you untill it tells you exactly which commit introduced the bug.

Comment

Working...
                    X