No announcement yet.

Valve Releases Proton 4.2 Based On Newer Wine Plus DXVK 1.0.1, Updated FAudio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Releases Proton 4.2 Based On Newer Wine Plus DXVK 1.0.1, Updated FAudio

Phoronix: Valve Releases Proton 4.2 Based On Newer Wine Plus DXVK 1.0.1, Updated FAudio

Valve today released Proton 4.2 as their latest update to this Wine-based software for further empowering Steam Play for running Windows games on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm surprised how fast this project is coming along, I guess most of the hard work is on the Wine side, but its still impressive.
    Keen to see what improvements this big jump in Wine versions brings.

Comment

Always excited to see a new wine and/or proton release. Looking forward to testing this one especially since it spans so many wine dev releases

Comment

I really love Free software and hate DRM, but thank you for what you're doing for Linux Valve and everyone involved. Proton is one of the most important thing which happened to Linux those last year.

Comment

Still waiting for faudio in Debian...

Comment

How do I enable this on my Steam? On my system, the greater version that appears in the list is 3.16-8beta.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Felipe View Post
              How do I enable this on my Steam? On my system, the greater version that appears in the list is 3.16-8beta.
              Update Steam, I had the same issue, did a check for new updates, it found one and after install the new version was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Felipe View Post
                I enabled Steam Beta Client and it showed up as option after update

Comment

This comment section is missing "with this Proton version fubar is working."

Comment

Ohh, what an unlucky choice 4.2 is. Had they waiting only a little bit longer and used WINE 4.3 instead would they have gotten FAudio with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X