DeviluitionX: Enjoying The 23 Year Old Diablo Game Atop An Open-Source Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post

Yet you are comfortable writing to me, a stranger, that I am "morally fine with taking the product of someone else's time and work and using it for you own enjoyment, while giving them nothing in return." And you tell me that I am spinning things and have a hidden agenda. You say all this when you are not prepared to debate, have skimmed large parts of the thread and you do not even know my purchase history.

I wonder who would come to you for "moral" lessons.
    Yeah, see this is exactly why i had no interest getting dragged into a big "debate". Because i knew it would devolve into pointless personal attacks and unrelated/strawman arguments. I've got much better things to do with my time than call a stranger names online for the next week.

I read the beginnings of this whole thread, came to a conclusion, then skimmed through the rest to make sure there was nothing there that I was missing to change my thoughts, and then posted it.

Good luck to you with the rest of your life, I won't be responding any further so feel free to have the last word.
    Last edited by smitty3268; 25 March 2019, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Yeah, see this is exactly why i had no interest getting dragged into a big "debate". Because i knew it would devolve into pointless personal attacks.
      You weren't dragged in. You chose to partake.

You personally attacked me. I don't see how I could not interpret it as an attempt at a personal attack. You did not assume good faith on my part. You assumed my conclusions and arguments were purely created as a means for me to pseudo-morally justify greedy, self-serving preferences that you believe I have. Your phrasing makes it sound like I am also parasitical.

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      Good luck to you with the rest of your life.
      Same to you. For real. I have no grudge.

Comment

Working...
      X