Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orbital: A PlayStation 4 Emulator That Is Emulating The PS4's AMD GPU Using Vulkan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
    I'm all for emulation, but it seems wrong to emulate a console still in production and selling product.

If emulation hurt active consoles, then they stop being made simple as that. I dont want BOTW, to be my last Zelda.
    The GBA had an emulator for it even before it was released, yet it sold pretty well, so I'm not too convinced by those arguments.
    The PS4 was also released in winter 13-14, 5 years ago, and before Orbital becomes playable there'll be some more time so I wouldn't worry too much.

In many cases people buy consoles for their simplicity unlike PCs, an emulator is unlikely to compete there, and during the lifetime of the console the emulator is likely to require a far costlier machine (all things considered, like size of course).

Finally, for all the networking stuff it's important to start before it's too late.

Comment

Lets be exceedingly clear, the orbital developers have done nothing to promote piracy, and have in fact held back hacks for the console that would promote that. Eventually PS4 hardware will cease to be available similar to PS4 hardware and we'll be able to use orbital to play the games we own or buy physical copies of when that time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post

If someone includes some EULA text with a digital thing, it doesn't mean I agree to the terms.

If I interact with an individual and make an agreement with them, I'll keep my side of it if they keep theirs.

Note:

THIS COMMENT IS LICENSED UNDER THE CYBERTRAVELER 3000 LICENSE. THE TERMS ARE:

YOU MUST SENT 1000 DOLLARS TO CYBERTRAVELER IF YOU DOWNLOAD IT & DISPLAY IT ON A COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER OR ANY OTHER SOFTWARE.

YOU MUST DO A RAIN DANCE IF YOU READ IT MORE THAN ONCE.
        You forgot the [agree] and [disagree] buttons. I need the disagree button which will prevent me ever seeing this stupidity ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post

Because there is actually a legal licence with: environmental - taxes - labor - compatibility and other conditions.
          I still don't understand you.

Are you saying that because a bunch of strangers write down a bunch of rules that they want you to follow related to what they think you should pay them and how they think you should treat the environment, that somehow... I don't know. I have no idea what you're talking about.

If you're trying to say that businesses should follow the government rules that are created in their country, I guess I'd generally agree with you. After-all: if you don't follow the rules, there's a good chance that government workers will rob you or potentially even lock you in a cage.

If you're trying to say that businesses should follow the government rules that are created in their country because they have something to do with "right and wrong", or what is harmonious & kind to others, then I wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment.

Luckily for you, centralized control of people by powerful & ruthless rulers is very popular among people these days. So if you like being a slave who is robbed daily and who has extreme restrictions placed on how you can use you own body and other possessions, then you will likely find lots of like minded people to spend time with and you will almost certainly get to live your dream in the very country you currently reside in right now.

Comment

All fine but you have to admit that the only way to play some old nice games on current PCs is to get them DRM cracked via "piracy". GOG understood that and made it absolutely legal business! Now U dont even need to pirate because they sell it so cheap that pirating is not worth it! And guess what!? Its DRM free still! Same is still true for old PS,PS2,GameCube and others where there is no GOG and the only way to play them is to get "illegal" cd image to play in emulator. Yea hands down, some of those old games are 100 ways better in terms of story and gameplay compared to the current AAAAAA "graded" CGI bumped crap studios are releasing.
            thats why we need ps3,ps3 emulators, because someday those game will not be playable, and some of them still would be worth to play! even if so we create another GOG that supports that! GOG uses dosbox which is a fine example of what I am saying.
            Last edited by deant; 19 March 2019, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deant View Post
              thats why we need ps3,ps3 emulators, because someday those game will not be playable, and some of them still would be worth to play!
              Checkout this if you haven't already heard of it: https://rpcs3.net/

Comment

I still don't understand you.

Are you saying that because a bunch of strangers write down a bunch of rules that they want you to follow related to what they think you should pay them and how they think you should treat the environment, that somehow... I don't know. I have no idea what you're talking about.

If you're trying to say that businesses should follow the government rules that are created in their country, I guess I'd generally agree with you. After-all: if you don't follow the rules, there's a good chance that government workers will rob you or potentially even lock you in a cage.

If you're trying to say that businesses should follow the government rules that are created in their country because they have something to do with "right and wrong", or what is harmonious & kind to others, then I wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment.

Luckily for you, centralized control of people by powerful & ruthless rulers is very popular among people these days. So if you like being a slave who is robbed daily and who has extreme restrictions placed on how you can use you own body and other possessions, then you will likely find lots of like minded people to spend time with and you will almost certainly get to live your dream in the very country you currently reside in right now.
                It is common sense that if something belongs to two people then both have the right to use it equally and none to damage it. The environment and resources belong to all the people equally last time i checked. Plus any owner gives rules to use their property.
                Last edited by artivision; 19 March 2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Checkout this if you haven't already heard of it: https://rpcs3.net/
                  I know it. Just wanted to point out that we need it to get stronger case, that we need ps4 one to.

Comment

Pinging Michael in case you missed my unapproved post.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post

It is common sense that if something belongs to two people then both have the right to use it equally and none to damage it. The environment and resources belong to all the people equally last time i checked. Plus any owner gives rules to use their property.
                      (emphasis added)

So if you spend months of your time clearing an acre of forest which no other person has laid claim to, build a house there and plant crops there, according to your above statement all the people still equally own that acre of land. So you wont mind if I come onto that acre of land and do as I please on it? It's partly mine right? (according to your statement)

Comment

Working...
                      X