Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Can Now Use Your Old GameCube Controllers With SDL2 Games

Phoronix: You Can Now Use Your Old GameCube Controllers With SDL2 Games

Linux game porter Ethan Lee has taken a break from his FNA-XNA/FAudio/Wine hacking to add support to the SDL2 library for the GameCube controller adapter intended for Nintendo's Wii U / Switch devices...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wouldn't it be possible to create udev rules or even change the USB HID driver to create multiple joysticks, instead of hacking this into SDL2?

Comment

Awesome! I have that adapter when emulating gamecube and wii games with dolphin, will be nice to be able to have support for it in more games as well!

Would also be nice to have support for it in Steam so I could use it with my Steam Link, currently I have to start gamecube games with my steam controller and then switch to the gamecube controller which is slightly annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Spidey View Post
        Wouldn't it be possible to create udev rules or even change the USB HID driver to create multiple joysticks, instead of hacking this into SDL2?
        Would work on Linux, but not on windows and macOS

Comment

Nice, that finished earlier than expected!

Comment

I've never understood the love for the Gamecube controller. The main stick is nice, they got the spring weight pretty much perfect. And it's comfortable, I'll give them that. But otherwise it's pretty much a garbage controller. The dpad is a dud, the shoulder buttons are pretty crappy, the c stick is atrocious and the button layout is pointless.

Comment

kaprikawn, what are your favorite controllers?

Comment

Working...
              X