• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weasel
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    Ever heard of studio monitors...
    I suggest you read the first paragraph again of my previous reply.

Leave a comment:

• Weasel
    replied
    What a joke, you think that 100 usd headphones are better than 700 usd speakers.
    Yes, they are. Because speakers require a proper insulated and acoustically-treated room which I'm pretty sure you don't have. If you do then add a couple grand to that budget.

You can find true professional quality headphones at 100-200 bucks range if you look enough for a discount, that sound amazing and are comfortable (by professional quality I mean having a flat frequency response and other such stuff, to reproduce you the exact sound and not add some bias, which is what separates them).

Anyway, why are you fixating it on audio? It was just an analogy, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Weasel
    replied
    Exactly, for clever people 2 usd headphones will do the job as do 60Hz monitors.
    Actually no they won't, and I feel sorry for you for thinking that way, because it truly means you don't know what (audio) quality is and you won't treat your ears. My ears deserve better than that.

Leave a comment:

• Weasel
    replied
    Many people enjoy video material at 60 Hz/fps.
    Because they haven't watched a 240 Hz display (with 240 fps obviously) for extended periods.

It's like saying many broke people enjoy listening to cheap $2 chinese headphones when they haven't listened to some real proper quality $100 headphones to even claim that. Ignorance is not bliss, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Buntolo
    replied

You have brainwashed by toms hardware. All my Linux games runs fine graphics settings maximized to make freesync work at 4K 60Hz and many windows games too.
    I don't know if this is sarcasm or what, as the video you posted are clearly low fps. The Talos Principle was painful to look at. Anyway I don't read toms, I've a GTX 970, a 120Hz 1080p monitor and around 2/3 of my games are Linux-playable (either native or gold/platinum proton level).

A lot of my games are below 120fps @1080p, for exampl;e The Talos Principle; I fail to see how a RX570 is fine for 4k.

Leave a comment:

• Weasel
    replied
    And the human eye resolution is 576 megapixels.
    It doesn't matter and especially because most people don't even see that well, so they see "out of focus" (e.g. people reliant on glasses). The point is that nobody cares about such tiny details in the first place when playing, same reason people don't use sniper lens to zoom into texture to see the fine details.

I am sorry for you that you can not enjoy games at 60 fps. Kids hate loosing in video games and they blame hardware and buy expensive hardware. Grow up.
    Because the latency you get from your monitor adds on top of what is already there so it slows your reaction by that much more.

Besides, you just can't enjoy stuff below 60fps and even 60fps feels clunky when you are used to 240fps. Not everyone shares your lack of experience. Grow up.

Leave a comment:

• cybertraveler
    replied

That is just your brainwashed opinion, not a scientific fact. Post a scientific study link, but you can not. Gaming console and laptops players laugh for you. I am sorry that you and my kid wasted your money for high end cards just because of boring games like Fortnite.
    Weasel could have phrased it more politely, but he's right. Competitive FPS games require a much higher fps than 40 if you actually want to compete. Weasel's comment that it should be "a bare minimum 120, comfortable 240" is almost exactly what I'd say too.

Practically speaking, you could easily achieve a decent CSGO fps on your system by dropping the resolution to 1920x1080 and the graphics settings to low. Lots of competitive players play with low settings anyway; it's a normal practise even for people with high-end computers.

Leave a comment:

• Weasel
    replied
    That is just your brainwashed opinion, not a scientific fact. Post a scientific study link, but you can not.
    Study for what? That it's not enough? You will claim it's just a matter of opinion.

If you truly think you can't recognize 240 FPS, then I feel sorry for you. It means you just never got to try a 240 FPS experience otherwise you definitely would not say that (and try it for some period of hours not 2 minutes).

Here's a video if you really are that desperate for a "study": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhSHeYT2U70

Gaming console and laptops players laugh for you.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...sole%20Peasant

Leave a comment:

• JanW
    replied
    do not post stupid non academic pictures.
    P.S. Do not use windows, it makes you stupid. Dual booting is for beginners. Using windows is religious, there is no sensible reasons to use it.
    That is just your brainwashed opinion, not a scientific fact without proof. Post a scientific study link, but you can not.
    Let me recap:
    1) Linux gamers who don't like to game at 40FPS are stupid. Windows users are stupid. Religious people are stupid. Probably everyone but you is.
    2) Everyone but you should abstain from posting non-academic comments.

Got it.

Leave a comment:

• Weasel
    replied
    CSGO, [...]. FPS is over 40 and that is enough
    I legit laughed out loud.

Sub 60 FPS is not enough even for turn-based games, and for CSGO a bare minimum 120, comfortable 240.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X