NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Linux Gaming Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post

@Micheal: How about a power draw shoot-out with all cards running at 1920x1080 and capped by vsync @60 fps ?
    +1

This would be fun.

Comment

Michael - how many times do you run each test? IE for each chart you make, how many times did you run the test for each card?

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
        Michael - how many times do you run each test? IE for each chart you make, how many times did you run the test for each card?
        It's a minimum of three times for each benchmark but increases if the variation goes beyond 3.5% between runs. The number of run times, all individual raw results, etc, are available from the OpenBenchmarking.org result file.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks

Comment

The power consumption of the GTX 1070Ti seems bizarre. Median power consumption over all tests looks to be 30W lower than GTX 1070. Is this expected?
            Last edited by JanW; 25 February 2019, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JanW View Post
              The power consumption of the GTX 1070Ti seems bizarre. Median power consumption over all tests looks to be 30W lower than GTX 1070. Is this expected?
              yeah. when something is better/faster at executing something its done faster and consumes less power. the ti is an overclock and not an increase of transistors

Comment

Thanks for this Michael! Great range of cards and tests included here.

Comment

Vega 64 is on par with the 1080
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

yeah. when something is better/faster at executing something its done faster and consumes less power. the ti is an overclock and not an increase of transistors
                    This is the first time I hear of overclocking as a means to reduce power consumption - and to be honest I don't believe this explains the numbers. These benchmarks are not a race to idle, they try to crank out as many frames as they can in a fixed amount of time. The 1070Ti rendered many more frames in total than the 1070 during this testing.

EDIT: Just looked up the specs. The 1070Ti has more CUDA cores (2432 vs 1920), but lower clocks than the 1070, since Nvidia does not allow factory-enabled overclocking on the Ti. On page 2 of the article, Michael even quotes 721MHz clock for the GTX 1070Ti vs 1506 for the 1070. (This can't be right? How would a 1070Ti at 721MHz outperform a 1070 at 1506MHz?)

The more I look at this, the more I think that the power consumption data between 1070 and 1070Ti may be switched? The difference is suspiciously close to the difference in TDP (150W vs 180W), just the wrong way. At these resolutions, the cards may be power limited (at least they do not seem to be thermal throttling according to the temps). Or did you raise the power limit for the 1070 and not the 1070Ti Michael?
                    Last edited by JanW; 26 February 2019, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsur...platform=linux

1920 x 1080 50.99%
                      1366 x 768 17.27%
                      2560 x 1440 6.07%
                      3840 x 2160 3.63%
                      It's crazy that people are still gaming on 1080p (unless those are PCs hooked up to a TV in a living room). I got my first 1440p monitor almost 10 years ago, and even before that I got my 24" 1200p screen more than 15 years ago.

I wouldn't even know where to find a non-TV 1080p screen nowadays except maybe on a smartphone or some cheap 13" notebook.

Comment

Working...
                      X