No announcement yet.

GNU's RPG/Adventure Game Updated For SDL2, Defaults To OpenGL Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dink. Dink Smallwood. How could they not know "dink" is a euphemism for penis?

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post
      There are plenty of free games that could be moved into the GNU project, plenty of them are more modern. Consider Shattered Pixel Dungeon, (and the vanilla version which is awful in comparison) Red Eclipse, OpenArena (too bad it wasn't updated in like 7 years). There are plenty of other games I haven't even thought of. All of these games should have no trouble being approved to be a part of the project, so it's just the lack of the GNU label.
      Or Battle for Wesnoth, one of the most popular Linux games (which I never quite understood)?

Comment

Originally posted by bregma View Post
        So is "smallwood". So basically his name is "Penis Penis".

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
          EDIT: Their website is written in XHTML 1.0 from 1998 btw
          Ah, so that's why their website is so light, nice and clean.

Comment

I can't wait for FreeDink to be added to usual PTS tests Michael runs for us...

Comment

I like freedink, do you know some other games similar? Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

I don't know. This game doesn't *need* an internet connection.

Your world of Streaming thin clients and Steam DRM is soooo late 80's

Not to mention FreeDink has been ported to the HTML5 web. I don't see that with most commercial games being released today, making them... legacy!

Get with the times, like GNU has done!
                >Complains that games are Streaming thin clients (in spite of nothing important being so)
                >Praises FreeDink for having a Streaming thin client

Pick One

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

>Praises FreeDink for having a Streaming thin client
                  The optional HTML5 web port is not a straming thin client XD
                  So I guess I have already picked the first choice haha

Would you like me to explain to you what streaming is and what a thin client is? Or would you like to research it yourself? Also do you know what DRM is? You might find that a very interesting read!

I do think more people would reject DRM if they understood more about technology, how it all works and how the companies get you! People might just also appreciate things like FreeDink a little bit more.
                  Last edited by kpedersen; 18 February 2019, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

The optional HTML5 web port is not a straming thin client XD
                    So I guess I have already picked the first choice haha

Would you like me to explain to you what streaming is and what a thin client is? Or would you like to research it yourself? Also do you know what DRM is? You might find that a very interesting read!

I do think more people would reject DRM if they understood more about technology, how it all works and how the companies get you! People might just also appreciate things like FreeDink a little bit more.
                    You're the one that doesn't know what he's talking about. There are exactly no important AAA games that are streaming thin clients. There is the option to stream via SteamLink or a few services but that's not required, and most of these services have failed hard due to obvious issues. Meanwhile your HTML5 FreeDink must stream the game data from the server via Ajax, even if it's being cached locally for later reuse during your session, and the HTML5 part is in practical terms a wrapper around a WebAssembly program. Sure it's processing locally but from an architectural standpoint the HTML5 is having the render streamed to it's canvas element and thus not local from the web stack's perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by bregma View Post
                      And? There's a "household service" company that have one of their vans parked in the same garage as me with their company name "Servix" written in big letters all over it.

Comment

Working...
                      X