Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proton 3.16-7 Updates Against DXVK 0.96, New FAudio

Phoronix: Proton 3.16-7 Updates Against DXVK 0.96, New FAudio

It's been a while since Valve issued a new Proton update for their spin of Wine that powers Steam Play for running Windows games on Linux. Fortunately, in time for any weekend gaming, a new Proton release is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

ΒΓΣ or ΒΓE release... at least it is not άλφα

Comment

dungeon what??? what happend here.

Every time when i play "remember me" and my x1s-pad just works i like proton more.

Comment

Waiting on https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/18 or https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/1786 for Mono/.Net. .Net should be available when Mono doesn't work. Maybe even offer separate distributions and let games/users pick which to use.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
          It is against the KISS principle to integrate all software to one. The Steam client is very complex now. It easier to maintain wine-staging and dxvk separately, you can switch between RADV and AMDVLK easily with Synaptic and single ~/.wine folder is simple to use.
          That's not how commercial software works.

Comment

It is against the KISS principle to integrate all software to one. The Steam client is very complex now. It easier to maintain wine-staging and dxvk separately, you can switch between RADV and AMDVLK easily with Synaptic and single ~/.wine folder is simple to use.
            I'd actually consider Steam to be very adhering to the KISS principle, just focused more towards the users than themselves.

There's never been a simpler way for Linux users to create and actively manage/update per-game Wine prefixes, literally all being done for you with you only needing to press "Play".
            And yet it allows power-users to drop in and do whatever extra tweaks they want/need without getting in the way at all.

The design of the whole Proton layer is simply beautiful in its simplicity of use.

Comment

I look forward to supporting games with protection. Small release given a period of time.

Comment

you are parroting words without understanding their meaning. wine-staging and dxvk are maintained separately, neither radv nor amdvlk is integrated into proton, and single .wine folder is against the kiss principle and integrates all software to one

Comment

PSA: Your Proton might not be up to date despite whatever the Steam-client is saying to you. Seems there is an issue in the Steam-client that prevents new Proton versions from being downloaded without manual intervention.

See:
                  The steam client shows Proton version 3.16-7 Beta. However DXVK_HUD version shows version to be 0.94. /dist/lib/wine/dxvk/version file of Proton 3.16 Beta directory shows - 3b3ccc8194733e20ce7e2a54...

Comment

I get some strange error with this version.

Proton 3.7-8 - works
                    Proton 3.16-4 - works fine, but games can't connect to internet

But Proton 3.16.6 beta and 3.16.7 beta are even fail to launch any exe file, because of this:
                    Code:
                    ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/kepsz/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
                    /bin/sh: /mnt/ssd_data/steam/steamapps/common/Shadow of the Tomb Raider/SOTTR.exe: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
                    GameAction [AppID 750920, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to Completed with ""
                    Game removed: AppID 750920 "", ProcID 8009
                    >>> Adding process 8010 for game ID 750920
                    No cached sticky mapping in ActivateActionSet.assert_20190216162314_24.dmp[8005]: Finished uploading minidump (out-of-process): success = yes
                    assert_20190216162314_24.dmp[8005]: response: CrashID=bp-c770ae2e-25fc-4e7f-85cf-108cc2190216
                    assert_20190216162314_24.dmp[8005]: file ''/tmp/dumps/assert_20190216162314_24.dmp'', upload yes: ''CrashID=bp-c770ae2e-25fc-4e7f-85cf-108cc2190216''
                    I was unable to find a solution in google. May some of you guys can help me.
                    ChakraOS (x64, a relative of ArchLinux), the game are installed in an EXT4 partition, but this did not matter.

Comment

Working...
                    X